2020 Football (NFL / NCAA)

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thursday, all remote.  They sent video/streaming equipment to all the athletes that were going to attend.
To add a little more detail...

All virtual. Same 3 day format as usual. Round 1 is Thursday; Rounds 2 & 3 are Friday, and Rounds 4-7 are Saturday.

58 of the top college prospects were invited to participate virtually. So that almost 2 rounds of players. I'm pretty sure this is an increase. It's usually 20-30 players invited (basically people expected to go in the first round.) The full list of invitees is below.

Everyone is doing it from their homes, they are not allowed to be in the same building for safety reasons and to avoid unfair advantage of being together to coordinate. Each home is allow a single technician to keep everything running.

Coordinating trades is expected to be more difficult. It was proposed to eliminate trades during the draft for this COVID year only, but the NFL GM's vetoed that suggestion. They want to have the ability, even if it's harder.

Interestingly food is turning out to be one of the more challenging aspects of this virtual draft. Normally it's all catered, so food is just around constantly. The coaches and GMs are pretty much working non-stop so they try to minimize the time it takes to get food by having everything right there. Now teams have to figure out how to coordinate food deliveries to 10+ separate coaches' and personnel's homes as they participate. We all know food deliveries are challenging during this COVID crisis.

ESPN and NFL network have decided to merge their draft coverage together. So there will be only 1 network covering the draft. ESPN is taking the lead, but including analysts from NFL network. It will be simul-cast on ESPN, NFL network, and ABC.

I'm trying to think if there's anything else important I remember reading or hearing.

Last edited by a moderator:
hopefully they will be like the all star NBA team that lost in the Olympics that year..

I am ready for the draft - at this point I am going to see if I can find some old baseball home movies of my kids playing days to watch

I don't know that a Gronk/Brady at the end of their careers combo is going to save the Bucs.

I don't know that a Gronk/Brady at the end of their careers combo is going to save the Bucs.
Yeah, it needs to be proven to me that old injury-plagued Gronk is better than young OJ Howard. 

But the familiarity between Brady and Gronk is probably valuable. I'm assuming there's no way NFL teams get in full offseason workouts, and it can take time for a QB and receivers to get on the same page with each other. 

Also Gronk may get suspended for using CBD oil. He's been using it for pain management since retirement. He actually invested in a CBD oil company.

I dont even know if we have any big hitters in the NFC South but he has been in a weak ass division for a long time and Id love to see him getting put on his ass this year.

I still remember that Denver Defense knocking the **** out of him in that AFC Championship game (whenever it was they won the SB and then fell apart) - but Id like to see ESPN re run that game..

I was getting nervous about my Eagles this draft. With Agholor gone, I was worried that we might not have anyone to drop passes. But no worries, order in the universe has been restored! We took a guy who will drop it 53% of the time. Great Job Eagles!

Lol- maybe the packers are done with Aaron Rodgers BS.....

Will LSU Bama have anyone left for next season?

Who the hell are these two dudes behind the titans coach?

2cf4ce8eefe9a2bf0a980a4bac055548.jpg

I was getting nervous about my Eagles this draft. With Agholor gone, I was worried that we might not have anyone to drop passes. But no worries, order in the universe has been restored! We took a guy who will drop it 53% of the time. Great Job Eagles!
Best video ever...

So who is the patriots QB right now?  Brock Osweiller?
HAHAHAHA

I think they have 2 QBs on the roster. 

Jarrett Stidham was a rookie last year and Brady's backup. The organization claims they have faith in him to lead the team.

They also recently signed Brian Hoyer to a one-year contract. He's been on the Patriots before... twice I think... so he knows the system. He got some playing time as the Colts 3rd string QB last year, but I don't think anyone sees him as a starter.

So an unproved 1-year player with 4 career pass attempts, or a 10-year career backup who is a well established as meh at best. 

How much do you trust Belichick to get it done?

They haven’t picked up a qb yet I don’t think? Maybe they are gonna pick up Scam

newton?

Back