2019 Novel Coronavirus

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Initially we got an email telling us that we were teleworking for the next 2 weeks.  We've since gotten a correction that the 2 weeks is only for people who have recently returned from travel.  The rest of us are back to the office on Thurs...for now.  We're all calling in to the all employee meeting in about 10 minutes so we'll see what happens.

We actually have real stuff and a dishwasher, so I probably just have lenses on.  :)
My office has a combo. Most of us use the real silverware. I'd love for the paperplates to go away anyway. Our office is small enough that we could do it. 

My office has a combo. Most of us use the real silverware. I'd love for the paperplates to go away anyway. Our office is small enough that we could do it. 
We do too, unless for some reason we aer feeding everyone (50+ people), then there isn't enough real stuff nor dishwasher space for that quantitiy of real stuff.

Did anyone watch this when it came out? I remember it wasn't really a big hit, but it's probably going to gain some traction now.

Gonna have to watch it with the wife tonight.

If you want to feel real good about how bad this WILL NEVER BE, watch (re-watch) World War Z.  Makes a cough and old, sick people dying seem not so bad.

My mom is sending me Coronavirus memes...she never sends memes...I don't know what is happening here... 😛
Whereas my mom is telling me to keep my rosary on me at all times and becoming very doomsday.  As in, the cats are very sleepy/not doing anything, they obviously know something is wrong.

I think she's feeling weird since Easter is cancelled.  

Whereas my mom is telling me to keep my rosary on me at all times and becoming very doomsday.  As in, the cats are very sleepy/not doing anything, they obviously know something is wrong.

I think she's feeling weird since Easter is cancelled.  
It's the opposite with me.  I have to tell them to stop going out. My dad is over 60 and Mom is getting there. After we had our talk, she sends me a picture of her sitting in the car in the Hobby Lobby parking lot.  IS HOBBY LOBBY ESSENTIAL, DAD?  JESUS CHRIST. STAY HOME.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why aren’t you posting them??!
Haha I will post the one that wasn't a screenshot of her IG page.

2020-03-17.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
It's the opposite with me.  I have to tell them to stop going out. My dad is over 60 and Mom is getting there. After we had our talk, she sends me a picture of her sitting in the car in the Hobby Lobby parking lot.  IS HOBBY LOBBY ESSENTIAL, DAD?  JESUS CHRIST. STAY HOME.
Oh no, my parents are still wandering around.  My dad still has gigs going on (I have no idea how musicals are still occurring), but my mom is mostly sleeping and watching the birds.  Sometimes she complains about the suet-stealing raccoons and the blue jays getting in fights with the ravens.  

Initially we got an email telling us that we were teleworking for the next 2 weeks.  We've since gotten a correction that the 2 weeks is only for people who have recently returned from travel.  The rest of us are back to the office on Thurs...for now.  We're all calling in to the all employee meeting in about 10 minutes so we'll see what happens.
That will change soon. Expect to hear back in the next day or so that you're 100% TW until further notice.

Did anyone watch this when it came out? I remember it wasn't really a big hit, but it's probably going to gain some traction now.
I watched it on a plane, when I was coming back from Austria. And I was pretty sick at the time. I kept to myself at the back of a partially empty 767. Watching that movie, while sick on a transatlantic flight, was a mistake. I was pretty convinced I was a RL patient zero about 45 minutes into the movie.

With that aside, it's an excellent movie.

If you want to feel real good about how bad this WILL NEVER BE, watch (re-watch) World War Z.  
fify

It was such a poor "adaptation" of the book - to the point that it kinda used half-a-chapter from the source material. So much wasted potential....  

Why did Pennsylvania close the liquor stores?  No one hangs out there very long?
The Commonwealth owns and operates all of the liquor stores. It doesn't surprise me that was closed along with everything else.

CEO came out and said "all employees who can wfh, wfh". And changed our pto/sick leave if we do contract covid. So that's something

5 hours ago, Chattaneer PE said:

Gonna have to watch it with the wife tonight.

Yep. Excellent movie. The main character was supposedly based on Rear Admiral Ann Schuchat (sp?), one of the head CDC disease investigators. She hasn't been on TV much lately, but I did see her at one of the earlier White House press conferences in February. During the SARS and swine flu situations, she was on the news all the time in her service dress blue uniform. Contagion is still the only modern movie to feature Public Health Service officers in uniform, but even then it never identified them as such. And the actress playing the Schuchat character reportedly decided that she didn't want her character to be in a uniform, so they altered it based on her theater major feelings. 

Back