One more week to go - Page 4 - Mechanical - Engineer Boards
Jump to content
Engineer Boards
Sign in to follow this  
cfm03

One more week to go

Recommended Posts

How big are the desk/tables?  Are they like the little 2'x2' desks from high school or are the big enough for several books to spread out while you take the test?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hear you. I just scouted out my test location here in Maryland.. North of Baltimore. No issues. Weather is too nice to sweat it. Let it ride! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is hard to unstress. I haven’t looked at anything today because it would just psych me out. I hope I do good because literally everyone I know is like, “You got this!”. 

 

At least the hotel is literally right next to the testing site. Unless my legs literally break down or I oversleep, this test is going to happen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, cfm03 said:
4 hours ago, monty01 said:
I'm getting nervous for you guys.  It sounds like you are all on top of it, though.  Good Luck, guys!
My turn comes up in October :/

Thanks monty01. The method recommended here is legit. Just be ready to put in some serious hours of hard study work.

Yep, i'm dreading going back to "school".  I've been out of that mode for about 12 years.  I'm signed up for DTC, so maybe that will get me back into study mode.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, cornsnicker3 said:

It is hard to unstress. I haven’t looked at anything today because it would just psych me out. I hope I do good because literally everyone I know is like, “You got this!”. 

 

At least the hotel is literally right next to the testing site. Unless my legs literally break down or I oversleep, this test is going to happen.

For the most of the day I spent lying down on my bed just thinking of nothing but to get a good rest. Its about time pick up the kids at school and dinner sleep. For tomorrow, we will take this Goliath down. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, PARSCORA said:

How big are the desk/tables?  Are they like the little 2'x2' desks from high school or are the big enough for several books to spread out while you take the test?

They had some luncheon going on in there with round tables. Doubtful that it will be the same setup for us.

Just reread my exam authorization (illinois). Food and drink are prohibited.. ugh..

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Kloeb222 said:

They had some luncheon going on in there with round tables. Doubtful that it will be the same setup for us.

Just reread my exam authorization (illinois). Food and drink are prohibited.. ugh..

 

 

And don't wear cologne.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, PARSCORA said:

How big are the desk/tables?  Are they like the little 2'x2' desks from high school or are the big enough for several books to spread out while you take the test?

My test had 6 foot tables that you shared with a civil engineer

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My best advice now is the relax during the exam and work through the problems at a steady pace.  If you get a problem that stumps you, skip it and come back to it afterwards.  Don't panic...

Now that I have passed and can look back on things, I honestly believe the FE exam was harder....   

 

Good Luck!  "You got this!!"

Edited by MikeGlass1969

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, emmajuwa said:

And don't wear cologne.

I got the "no excessive cologne" warning in my admission letter too.. Haha hope it's not the "Fitbit Fiasco 2018" if someone overdoes it with the dracar noir! Honestly, if my test taking colleagues tomorrow are anything like some of my coworkers, at least aroma-wise, that a little spritz would be for the common good. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Let's crush it tomorrow ladies and gents!
Good luck everyone.

Have a restful deep sleep tonight!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/12/2018 at 6:24 PM, MikeGlass1969 said:

My best advice now is the relax during the exam and work through the problems at a steady pace.  If you get a problem that stumps you, skip it and come back to it afterwards.  Don't panic...

Now that I have passed and can look back on things, I honestly believe the FE exam was harder....   

 

Good Luck!  "You got this!!"

Looks like we got unlocked already!

I agree Mike, FE is a bit harder than PE exam like 20-30% harder. Now I can say this based on that I took FE after 10yrs away from school. I put in almost the same effort but felt PE exam is easier. Felt very confident I passed PE right in the middle of pm part I knew I would pass and then now thinking with 75/80 score or worst a little lower, but definitely not gonna go down 65/80 raw score no doubt about it. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...