One more week to go

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How big are the desk/tables?  Are they like the little 2'x2' desks from high school or are the big enough for several books to spread out while you take the test?
They had some luncheon going on in there with round tables. Doubtful that it will be the same setup for us.

Just reread my exam authorization (illinois). Food and drink are prohibited.. ugh..

They had some luncheon going on in there with round tables. Doubtful that it will be the same setup for us.

Just reread my exam authorization (illinois). Food and drink are prohibited.. ugh..
And don't wear cologne.

My best advice now is the relax during the exam and work through the problems at a steady pace.  If you get a problem that stumps you, skip it and come back to it afterwards.  Don't panic...

Now that I have passed and can look back on things, I honestly believe the FE exam was harder....   

Good Luck!  "You got this!!"

Last edited by a moderator:
And don't wear cologne.
I got the "no excessive cologne" warning in my admission letter too.. Haha hope it's not the "Fitbit Fiasco 2018" if someone overdoes it with the dracar noir! Honestly, if my test taking colleagues tomorrow are anything like some of my coworkers, at least aroma-wise, that a little spritz would be for the common good. 

Let's crush it tomorrow ladies and gents!
Good luck everyone.

Have a restful deep sleep tonight!

My best advice now is the relax during the exam and work through the problems at a steady pace.  If you get a problem that stumps you, skip it and come back to it afterwards.  Don't panic...

Now that I have passed and can look back on things, I honestly believe the FE exam was harder....   

Good Luck!  "You got this!!"
Looks like we got unlocked already!

I agree Mike, FE is a bit harder than PE exam like 20-30% harder. Now I can say this based on that I took FE after 10yrs away from school. I put in almost the same effort but felt PE exam is easier. Felt very confident I passed PE right in the middle of pm part I knew I would pass and then now thinking with 75/80 score or worst a little lower, but definitely not gonna go down 65/80 raw score no doubt about it. 

Back