One more week to go

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought DTC was great. It completely takes the guesswork out of what to study. Then again, I haven't taken the test yet so who knows. I've heard good things though! I think the biggest take away is the organized references you walk away with. In the event you need to reference a specific type of problem, you have a Personalized Reference Notebook for each major topic broken down into subcategories. You are also given an "Exam Day Companion" with organized subject areas and relevant equations. I also went through a few practice exams but definitely not to the point where I'm doing them by memory in an hour...whatever works though.
I totally agree. I believe this week should be about making sure you are grounded in concepts and problem identification, in case they switch something up on me.

Do we get to keep the snazzy pencil?!?
You are instructed to leave the pencil there...Nobody really listens though.

Also, be sure to listen to the instructions carefully.  The proctor in my session last October stopped giving instructions because there was a guy standing up.  They were called out publicly...

I am for sure taking that pencil with me. 

At this point i can work through the sample exams in about 4 hours total. I am comfortable with the material that I have been studying. Now it is just a matter of keeping calm and pacing myself on test day.

I'm ready to get this thing over with. I'm ready to resume a life beyond work. study. sleep. repeat. I've been on this grind since late December. We're almost through this.. lets finish strong.

I am for sure taking that pencil with me. 
At this point i can work through the sample exams in about 4 hours total. I am comfortable with the material that I have been studying. Now it is just a matter of keeping calm and pacing myself on test day.
I'm ready to get this thing over with. I'm ready to resume a life beyond work. study. sleep. repeat. I've been on this grind since late December. We're almost through this.. lets finish strong.
Same here, man! I am soo ready to get my life back. My life right now is like a Woody Allen movie...boring and awkward.

You are instructed to leave the pencil there...Nobody really listens though.

Also, be sure to listen to the instructions carefully.  The proctor in my session last October stopped giving instructions because there was a guy standing up.  They were called out publicly...
I will take the pencil too or just pay for it. 

Im here kinda just brushing up with ncees, my hours are still good down under 3hrs. Want to maintain it until tomorrow. 

I will take the pencil too or just pay for it. 

Im here kinda just brushing up with ncees, my hours are still good down under 3hrs. Want to maintain it until tomorrow. 
I sure hope the difficulty is similar to the NCEES. There are a few difficult questions in the PM section, but the rest are fairly simple imo. Sure with I had the 2011/2001 edition... oh well.

I sure hope the difficulty is similar to the NCEES. There are a few difficult questions in the PM section, but the rest are fairly simple imo. Sure with I had the 2011/2001 edition... oh well.
In the 2001 ncees there are couple problems that seemed a bit difficult than whats on the 2016 and 2011. In the 2016 most values are given, in the 2001 you have to go backwards at some problems like SlayPE problems.

But it is still straight forward questions, just "more work" to do, but if you have good understanding of the process you should be good nothing to worry. Take it as just longer to solve problems but not necessarily hard.

And side note, I spend more hours in 2001 ncees than the newer ncees.

Last edited by a moderator:
In the 2001 ncees there are couple problems that seemed a bit difficult than whats on the 2016 and 2011. In the 2016 most values are given, in the 2001 you have to go backwards at some problems like SlayPE problems.

But it is still straight forward questions, just "more work" to do, but if you have good understanding of the process you should be good nothing to worry. Take it as just longer to solve problems but not necessarily hard.
And side note, I spend more hours in 2001 ncees than the newer ncees.
Guess the April 2018 pencil color? Red, white, blue, black...

I am going with a classic color: black.

Guess the April 2018 pencil color? Red, white, blue, black...

I am going with a classic color: black.
Ha! I would go with white.

I've done my statistical analysis: I'm gonna go with black logo, red grip, sky blue clip, orange eraser. Anyone remember the 1996 harlequin VW Golf?
It would be cool if its combo color, I would save the eraser wont use it to make it look fresh jaja

Probably two or three cold sandwiches. Having less than 1 hour for lunch is tight. I don't want to risk it going out and get food.
Playing it safe, I guess! Boooring, but functional! [emoji16]

So what are you guys doing today? 

Me I did my first pass ncees 2016 morning only so far, first time I re-rolled it since 8days ago. 

So far its good, 100% correct and I was surprised I was really a lot faster this time, finished 40morning question in 58min. 

Me I did my first pass ncees 2016 morning only so far, first time I re-rolled it since 8days ago. 
So far its good, 100% correct and I was surprised I was really a lot faster this time, finished 40morning question in 58min. 

Finishing up last pass on ncees 2016. Reviewing all 500+ solved problems, retabbing the MERM, rewriting sections of cheetsheet. Lastly testing the rolling crate...with all the material in it...Mostly is just admin stuff.

Doing a couple refresher problems, but mostly spending the day with the wife. I am gonna finish tabbing tonight. Leaving tomorrow for the Cities. Fortunately, our hotel is walking distance to the MInneapolis Convention Center.

All of my friends and family have given me good support. Of course, I am my worst critic. All we can do is our best.

wife and the kids are going out of town so im going to party

Back