Will my experience count for PE at all?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soobs

Reaction score
Hi, I recently passed the April FE exam in NJ and would like to get PE license next..

The problem is that I currently work in a consumer electronics company as a component engineer.

I've been here for a bit over 4 years now. I have a engineering technology degree which means I have to have 6 years exp?

Would my 4 years at my current job count for SOMETHING? It is mostly low voltage digital stuff with some testing and manufacturing support.

Hi, I recently passed the April FE exam in NJ and would like to get PE license next..
The problem is that I currently work in a consumer electronics company as a component engineer.

I've been here for a bit over 4 years now. I have a engineering technology degree which means I have to have 6 years exp?

Would my 4 years at my current job count for SOMETHING? It is mostly low voltage digital stuff with some testing and manufacturing support.
Did you work under a PE? I have a technology degree and flew to Montana and took the test at 4 years of experience and passed it. I live in GA and have to wait for 3 more years, but at least I have the test out of the way. I am looking into a bridging program to fix my degree, to drop the "T".

No, no one at my company has a PE. Do employers really care about the BSET instead of BSEE?

Hopefully I can use my 4 years at my current co for atleast 2 of the 6 required years? I REALLY dont want to wait 6 years for the PE...

Lol are you selling the NCEES PE exam sample book on Amazon?

I searched for one on amazon and see a lundoc selling the book for 32.95.

You'll probably have to ask your state board. After speaking with the board in my state, it came up that one doesn't have to work under the direct supervision of a licensed engineer, but if he or she can get professional references that's good enough. They like references from licensed architects and engineers so most in the working world can get those. I'm not sure whom you would have as a reference but the board would be the people to speak with.

Back