WISCONSIN - RESULTS

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Massachusettes and New Jersey (both PCS testing states) released their results yesterday (and they were approved by the state boards)... What about the rest of the PCS states?

Did anyone contact PCS or the state board today?

I am curious as to how this worked for MA and NJ. Waiting here in WI (another wonderful PCS user) and all they will say is they will release results in 1-2 weeks. Which is ridiculous but that is what they said. This would be consistent with when WI received results for the April 2010 exam (around week 11). :hung-037:

I am curious as to how this worked for MA and NJ. Waiting here in WI (another wonderful PCS user) and all they will say is they will release results in 1-2 weeks. Which is ridiculous but that is what they said. This would be consistent with when WI received results for the April 2010 exam (around week 11). :hung-037:
UPDATE: Just got an email from PCS indicating WI results would be mailed out next week. For obvious reasons they wouldn't provide an exact date but at least we know they should be out next week some time via snail mail. That is better than a window of 1-2 weeks in my mind. Time to focus on something else and enjoy the New Years holiday. Here's to good news next week! :bio: Good luck on results and have a good New Years! :drunk1:

UPDATE: Just got an email from PCS indicating WI results would be mailed out next week. For obvious reasons they wouldn't provide an exact date but at least we know they should be out next week some time via snail mail. That is better than a window of 1-2 weeks in my mind. Time to focus on something else and enjoy the New Years holiday. Here's to good news next week! :bio: Good luck on results and have a good New Years! :drunk1:
I don't think it will be similar in other states that have PCS unless in those states PCS also sends out the letter. A state could have hired PCS to administer the exam, but still release the result in a different way. I think the guy in my office who took (and passed) the April exam got the letter from "engineering Examination Services". i saw the envelope. I guess WI switched providers for the October exam. I wish they would have chosen someone with 21st century capability...

Anyway, I still kind of hope to get a letter tomorrow. I'm really not sure why it takes them till next week to send out letters? PCS isn't making any actual decision at this point. Or do they have to double-check with the WI licensing board before sending us the letter?

I don't think it will be similar in other states that have PCS unless in those states PCS also sends out the letter. A state could have hired PCS to administer the exam, but still release the result in a different way. I think the guy in my office who took (and passed) the April exam got the letter from "engineering Examination Services". i saw the envelope. I guess WI switched providers for the October exam. I wish they would have chosen someone with 21st century capability...
Anyway, I still kind of hope to get a letter tomorrow. I'm really not sure why it takes them till next week to send out letters? PCS isn't making any actual decision at this point. Or do they have to double-check with the WI licensing board before sending us the letter?
I think that is the key. PCS offices are closed tomorrow and the person I spoke with assured me there would be no letters being mailed until next week. I wish this was not the case but it sounds pretty definitive to me. And I whole-heartedly agree with you that an outfit who has 21st century capabilities should have been chosen instead. This is the digital age with smart phones, instant messaging, and email. Still using snail mail? Really? :rolleyes:

oh, they are closed tomorrow? Sure, after all the work they did all the last weeks (= nothing) they deserve some rest before they start next year to send the letters...

They wouldn't look so bad if it wasn't for all the other states where results were released already.....

oh, they are closed tomorrow? Sure, after all the work they did all the last weeks (= nothing) they deserve some rest before they start next year to send the letters...
They wouldn't look so bad if it wasn't for all the other states where results were released already.....
You are 100% correct! All PCS (EES) is doing at this point is delaying the results letters, which indeed makes them look bad. It's frustrating to think that our results letters are just sitting on a desk or whatever waiting to be put in the mail next week. How is that beneficial? Oh well, going to try and not think about it until next week, happy New Year. :)

I didn't have much hope that you guys are wrong with the PCS information... :) So it didn't surprise me to NOT see a letter after the mail man stopped by.

I hope the communication internally between PCS and board is electronically and they really send it out Monday.

I hope NCEES finds a way to get a bit faster. And I hope all the states get in line and allow online notification like some states already do.

I just called PCS and they told me they are hoping to get the results form the WI Board this week, then it takes them 3 to 5 business days to get the results back to us. From that, I would plan on mid-next week at the earliest.

You can also check the state board website:

http://online.drl.wi.gov/ApplicationStatus...tionStatus.aspx

Maybe they will update that before we get our snail mail results. Of course, it won't get updated unless you passed. I know from past experience.

Good luck!

I just called PCS and they told me they are hoping to get the results form the WI Board this week, then it takes them 3 to 5 business days to get the results back to us. From that, I would plan on mid-next week at the earliest.

Maybe they will update that before we get our snail mail results. Of course, it won't get updated unless you passed. I know from past experience.

Good luck!
Not to rain on the parade, but seeing as how WI doesn't even have results posted online and we have to wait for snail mail, I don't see the WI DRL website getting updated before results letters are received. That's just my assessment of this whole process. And not sure if you read any of my previous posts schmidty99, but I have an email sitting in my inbox from PCS last week which indicates the results letters for WI would be mailed yesterday (1/3) or today (1/4). I'd be surprised if anyone hasn't heard anything by tomorrow or Thurs. I'm not sure about the conflicting information you received, but it sounds like that was a "generalized" customer service answer so as to not make any committments to any one day. In either case, lets hope we find out soon! Good luck!

Knight1fox3:

I agree with everything you said. The reason I mentioned the WI DRL website is because a friend from North Carolina found out from the NC DRL website before he got "official" results. One can hope....

I remember last June that PCS updated their website stating when the results were going to be mailed. They have yet to do that this time. I keep checking multiple times a day to see if anything changed. Maybe they won't this time around. Either way, we'll find out soon.

Good luck!
OK... I was hoping to save my 25th post for when I got my resulsts, but this waiting and now indecisivness is making me nucking futz! I'm about one step away from walking around running my finger up and down over my lips.

When the rest of you check your "Application Status" through the WI State Board's website (link given in above post) what date is shown to the right of "As Of" ?

The reason I ask is because my date is listed as 1/03/10, and i don't show anything listed under "Requirements not Met". In the Engineer box it still says "You must register to take the PE exam with EES at www.pcshq.com Please note this requirement will remain as Not Met until the exams have been passed and verified." However this is now under the "Requirements Met" area.

Since i didn't really pay much attention the last time I checked the status I really don't know if this was updated yesterday or if it has allways been this way.

Anyone else notice anything similar?

:brickwall: :mail-296:

Knight1fox3:
I agree with everything you said. The reason I mentioned the WI DRL website is because a friend from North Carolina found out from the NC DRL website before he got "official" results. One can hope....

I remember last June that PCS updated their website stating when the results were going to be mailed. They have yet to do that this time. I keep checking multiple times a day to see if anything changed. Maybe they won't this time around. Either way, we'll find out soon.
Indeed one can hope! I would be lying if I said I didn't check the WI DRL website at least once, maybe twice per day in hopes my thinking was wrong. Ha ha.

Interesting that they have not updated their website to indicate mailing of the results (or should I say incompetent?). I still find the whole PCS results transmission largely frustrating since they are doing nothing with them and only forwarding them to us. :bash:

OK... I was hoping to save my 25th post for when I got my resulsts, but this waiting and now indecisivness is making me nucking futz! I'm about one step away from walking around running my finger up and down over my lips.
When the rest of you check your "Application Status" through the WI State Board's website (link given in above post) what date is shown to the right of "As Of" ?

The reason I ask is because my date is listed as 1/03/10, and i don't show anything listed under "Requirements not Met". In the Engineer box it still says "You must register to take the PE exam with EES at www.pcshq.com Please note this requirement will remain as Not Met until the exams have been passed and verified." However this is now under the "Requirements Met" area.

Since i didn't really pay much attention the last time I checked the status I really don't know if this was updated yesterday or if it has allways been this way.

I hear ya Krakes! Since I have been checking the WI DRL website, the "as of" date seems to be the last time the website was updated. Which seems to have been about a day behind the day I actually checked. This is the reason for my suspicion that the website wouldn't be updated until after we received our results. My specific status has always listed the requirement to register for the exam under "Requirements Met:". I've been looking specifically at "Application Status:" which for me, has always remained at "Pending (in process)". I've been hoping/praying to see that changed to "Approved" or something similar. Unless I am interpreting the information on the website incorrectly. Anyone else have anything displayed differently on the WI DRL website? :unsure:

When my application was approved on the 8/25 board meeting, the website was updated in the afternoon of 8/25. So they can be quick.

Mine still hasn't updated, still shows 8/25 with the comment to sign up for the test. This now makes me nervous since yours is updated...

If I had to study again, I'd like to know before April!!!! especially since almost every other state already released pass/fail.

Edit: the "requirements not met"have been "green" all along. this just means the requirements to write the test. Application status still is "pending". what does yours say? they must have changed something if they updated it yesterday.

Last edited by a moderator:
When my application was approved on the 8/25 board meeting, the website was updated in the afternoon of 8/25. So they can be quick. Mine still hasn't updated, still shows 8/25 with the comment to sign up for the test. This now makes me nervous since yours is updated...

If I had to study again, I'd like to know before April!!!! especially since almost every other state already released pass/fail.

Edit: the "requirements not met"have been "green" all along. this just means the requirements to write the test. Application status still is "pending". what does yours say? they must have changed something if they updated it yesterday.
Wait, I'm a bit confused by your last post. Your "as of" shows 8/25/2010? My last name begins with "V" so perhaps they haven't gotten to your application alphabetically yet? Do you have any "Requirements Not Met:"?

When my application was approved on the 8/25 board meeting, the website was updated in the afternoon of 8/25. So they can be quick.

Mine still hasn't updated, still shows 8/25 with the comment to sign up for the test. This now makes me nervous since yours is updated...

Other than my update date showing as yesterday it sounds like we are all seeing the same thing. My status is also "Pending (In Process). If my status really was updated yesterday, I certainly can't see anything that has changed..... ****.

Anyway, thanks for posting what yours said!!

:waiting:

Back