What are your Non-Passing Scores? Too soon?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
11 minutes ago, Binkers41 said: It seems like you would get the same thing some female engineers get in college - did you pass because you made the cut score, or did you need the help from the extra points?  Not good from either side.
Say what now?  No one ever gave me extra points for having boobs.

The only benefit to being a female in engineering school was never having to wait in line for the bathroom

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The only benefit to being a female on engineering school was never having to wait in like for the bathroom

I agree.  Never having to wait for a bathroom was great.  

However, I went to a conference last year where the organizers converted the large women's bathroom into a men's room and forced us to use the "family" stalls.  

(wo)Men's Restroom.jpg

Just now, Cinnamon said: The only benefit to being a female on engineering school was never having to wait in like for the bathroom

I agree.  Never having to wait for a bathroom was great.  However, I went to a conference last year where the organizers converted the large women's bathroom into a men's room and forced us to use the "family" stalls.  

/monthly_2017_05/59271b3c5972a_(wo)MensRestroom.thumb.jpg.6da134b36ca9716308726acb858fa6e7.jpg
Well that's bullshit.

Say what now?  No one ever gave me extra points for having boobs.

The only benefit to being a female in engineering school was never having to wait in line for the bathroom

The women's bathroom line was pretty short compared to the men's after the morning section of the exam.

It would have been fun to be a fly on the wall in that meeting.
It was pretty awesome to be part of it and to get an understanding/appreciation of all the work that is put into creating the exam. I highly recommend being part of it later on.

Environmental here...looks like I scored in the 50s?  Just judging by the diagnostics.  Ooof.  Well, at least I didn't fail by a point.  I think that would have been worse.

Civil Breadth - 19/40 AM & Transportation Depth - 25/40 PM (62.5%)

** 44/80 overall (55%) ** 

FAILED.  AWESOME - waste of 100's of hours and $1,000's of dollars.  I'm sick

Not a waste. You've got the experience behind you now and can tune your studying to better prepare for next time! Also, it's the downs in life that make us appreciate the ups. Hard work and failure is good for us. Keep your head up and stay positive!

45/80 - structures killed me too. Last time I took it, I scored a 50/80 - I was really hoping for a slide in the other direction.

How can I work so hard, score well on practice tests and then completely bomb out on test day? I have never had this problem, until this stupid test. 

I want to take it again, just to show my kids that you should always persevere...but I don't know if I can handle going through it all again.

I feel your pain on that one. So much money and time gone. If I had screwed around with my time I'd be less upset, but I actually put my all into it. 1000% effort and now to start over, but also know to double the effort. BUT! We will prevail. And victory will be that much sweeter....In 7 months.... I'm giving myself the day to wallow and then I'm enjoying the weekend and jumping back in.

Back