What are your Non-Passing Scores? Too soon?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I actually created a Civil PE poll with some of these statistics a few threads back. There should be some people who answered what their diagnostic scores were...check it out! I think it's a link in my profile, not sure...

I never heard stuff like that for scores, but I do feel for female engineers. There are a lot of people who feel that female engineers get interviews/jobs because they are such a minority and many question whether a female earned the position or was awarded it. It's an awful mindset and I'm glad that there are more and more female engineers graduating because it helps dispel the nonsense.
I can't speak for every workplace nor every discipline, however females definitely carry more weight in the interview/hiring process where I work. Diversity is huge and meeting numbers trumps output any day of the week. Like it or not,the lack of females in industry absolutely helps them out...

Knowledge Area 

100% SCORE

Score weight % of each area

Total # on exam 

Your Scaled Score

your actual correct #

Principles: Basic Engineering Practice

Principles: Fluid Mechanicas

Principles: Heat Transfer Priniples 

Principles: Mass Transfer Priniples 

Principles: Thermodymamics

Principles: Supportive Knowledge

Hydraulic & Fluids: Application

Hydraulic & Fluids: Equipment

Energy and Power System Applications Equipment

Energy and Power System Applications Heating and Cooling

Energy and Power System Applications Wast heat and Storage

Energy and Power System Applications Combined Cycles

36.2% equal to score of reported 51

I have NEVER heard of female engineers getting any extra points. I think this is silly and likely very incorrect.
Ah, but that isn't what I typed.  I was referring to the admissions push.  Good for you if you didn't realize it was going on, but as a female engineer in a highly selective college that was trying to boost the female engineer numbers, I ran it to that quite a bit.  Actually, I worked in the admissions office for a while and saw it first hand.  I'm not trying to put female engineers down (being one, I actually think we're awesome...), but I do think there's a point here.  If you try too hard to get people in the door (by making it easier), it undermines that group's credibility.

Ah, but that isn't what I typed.  I was referring to the admissions push.  Good for you if you didn't realize it was going on, but as a female engineer in a highly selective college that was trying to boost the female engineer numbers, I ran it to that quite a bit.  Actually, I worked in the admissions office for a while and saw it first hand.  I'm not trying to put female engineers down (being one, I actually think we're awesome...), but I do think there's a point here.  If you try too hard to get people in the door (by making it easier), it undermines that group's credibility.
Well then I agree fully with you - women in STEM are needed and should be boosted in heavily male dominant occupations. I am a civil engineer and there were few women in my classes and even fewer in my office (and I work for the Feds). My daughter is studying aerospace engineering and I worry about her being in male dominated classes and hope she is not undermined or looked down upon for being a woman.

I did not go back to your original post - but thought someone was alluding to women receiving extra points on the PE exam. Maybe it is just my nerves from waiting for my exam results are making me see things.

I apologize and did not mean to come across as adversarial.

My diagnostics report showed that I missed alot of problems that I felt strong on.  I need to sharpen up my test taking skills and be disciplined enough to spend a little time to double check answers.  I felt like I wasted too much time trying to find solutions for the questions that I had no prayer on.  A few silly mistakes in the morning and afternoon could have helped change that red fail box into a green pass box.  Good luck everyone for the October exam

Geotechnical 50/80, excellent morning, and a pathetic afternoon depth performance.  
Dude, I feel you. Morning went well and the PM was absolutely absurd. Missed 20 in the PM, and 8 in the AM. Total correct for me was 52. Im devastated to have to do this agin. 100's of hrs and $1000's gone. I took School of PE, it failed me in the PM. I think I'm going to try EET for October. 

I totally bombed the pe structural; 42/80

will study harder and more. I guess it's ok for someone who has never worked as a structural engineer 

Back