VIRGINIA - RESULTS Oct 2010

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SapperPE said:
Wow, that is correct, it does now say that. However, I am led to believe that NCEES will not send that email until after Virginia has given them the green light. I know that NCEES released the fundamentals of surveying results to Virginia already, I believe on the 16th of December. Virginia has not yet added any new LS's, and my DPOR online license services don't indicate an LSIT registration yet, it shows PE and EIT. So, I am guessing that Virginia has the results for at least the surveying exams, but they have not said to NCEES that they can post the diagnostics / results yet, because when I go to my NCEES, it still shows "Results / Diagnostics not yet available".
Anyway, it is what it is, still good news that Virginia will allow NCEES to release the results, just hopefully it speeds the process up some.

Just to add something to this point, I check some of the other states results info. i find it interesting that some states, like Louisiana for example, have the following text:

"When results have been released to the Louisiana board (typically 8–10 weeks after the exam) and validated, NCEES will send an e-mail informing you that your result can be accessed through your My NCEES account."

Key word here is "validated". It does not say that VA results will have to be validated before and email from NCEES is sent.

We could get results tomorrow! :multiplespotting:
I emailed DPOR to see if there was a change in the way results are released and I just revieved an email response from DPOR.

"No, there has been no change. NCEES mails us the grades and we mail them out when we receive them. That is anticipated to be the first week of January."

:brickwall:

Just checked the California website, shows 12/26/10 as the last update date.
me: Will you email us the results in Virginia? when?

Just a moment...

Support Agent: NCEES will send an e-mail informing you that your result can be accessed through your My NCEES account.

There is a HOPE to see the result in NCEES this year ...I will say today or tomorrow ..Best Luck to all...!!!

Just a moment...

Support Agent: NCEES will send an e-mail informing you that your result can be accessed through your My NCEES account.
Now I have to dig up my NCEES login. Oh well, why not.

Just a moment...

I have now received conflicting statements from DPOR and NCEES. DPOR said there was no change in how results are to be released and I just had this Conversation with NCEES:

me: I would like some clarification on how results are going to released to Virginia test takers. The NCEES website now says that we will receive an email when results are available on My NCEES page. Has there been a change on how VA results are released? The website said a couple of weeks ago that Virginia results will not be available online through the NCEES website.

Just a moment...

Support Agent: you will receive a email informing you to log in and view your results

me: is this a change in how it was done during the last testing cycle

Support Agent: yes there is a change

I am hoping that everone at DPOR is just not aware that there has been a change. With the Governor's promise to streamline the government, it would make since to allow NCEES to just release the results.

Just a moment...

I have now received conflicting statements from DPOR and NCEES. DPOR said there was no change in how results are to be released and I just had this Conversation with NCEES:

me: I would like some clarification on how results are going to released to Virginia test takers. The NCEES website now says that we will receive an email when results are available on My NCEES page. Has there been a change on how VA results are released? The website said a couple of weeks ago that Virginia results will not be available online through the NCEES website.

Just a moment...

Support Agent: you will receive a email informing you to log in and view your results

me: is this a change in how it was done during the last testing cycle

Support Agent: yes there is a change

I am hoping that everone at DPOR is just not aware that there has been a change. With the Governor's promise to streamline the government, it would make since to allow NCEES to just release the results.
I wouldn't know if I would believe DPOR or NCEES. Sure would be nice if the results would get posted to MyNCEES, but I would be shocked since I'm told they haven't done that before for Virginia (Like you said, would be a change). All I know is I am tired of waiting.................................

The wait is killing me. If we get into the 60th day of waiting, it will be the longest wait before anyone recieved results for atleast 5 years. Why couldn't this be the year that was the fastest turnaround instead of the longest.

Why does this happen to me? :dunno:

The wait is killing me. If we get into the 60th day of waiting, it will be the longest wait before anyone recieved results for atleast 5 years. Why couldn't this be the year that was the fastest turnaround instead of the longest.
It's my fault really. I always pick the longest line at the store, I always pick the longest lane in a traffic jam, and it seems I picked the longest results turnaround for the PE. Sorry to the rest of you. My bad.

I thought I was the problem. Thanks for taking the blame. :thankyou:

It's my fault really. I always pick the longest line at the store, I always pick the longest lane in a traffic jam, and it seems I picked the longest results turnaround for the PE. Sorry to the rest of you. My bad.
:rotflmao:

I don't know why but for some reason I found that incredibly funny...you win... lol

Since Virginia seems to always lag behind a bit, does this mean we will be waiting into the second week of 2011?

I have not checked the stats... what is the longest time ever before anyone recieved their results?? Let's go for the gold with the Oct 2010 exam... if NCEES will be late with the responses, they might as well set a record.... for futility!! :waitwall:

You have been waiting on results for 59 days 22 hours 57 minutes
Sorry for the confusion, i could have rounded my value up to 60 days but instead just chose to truncate like a GPA.

Tomorrow is another day...!!! :waitwall:
Just called PCS and the guy on the phone said it will be between 10 to 12 weeks :(
That would really be annoying to wait that much longer. In the past, I believe Virginia has had to wait to get results from DPOR, after NCEES finally released them, which is why has been early January previously. Looking at the NCCES website, http://www.ncees.org/Exams/States/VA.php, it says that we will get an email and access results through My NCEES account. If that is true (would be new from what I have heard), wouldn't we be able to see our result right after NCEES released it, even if we still had to wait for DPOR to process it?

Just wondering as I sit here waiting for this result. I never have been a patient person and this waiting only continues my struggle to learn to wait. I guess we should all be good at this by now.

Back