TV show thread

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got a converter box free when the gubmint was giving out $40 vouchers when the global analog/digital conversion took place. Rabbit ears on the old 13 in. analog TV in the kitchen still work just fine.

I got a converter box free when the gubmint was giving out $40 vouchers when the global analog/digital conversion took place. Rabbit ears on the old 13 in. analog TV in the kitchen still work just fine.
We still have a few of those boxes around the house. We were welfare queens and glommed up all we could at the government trough.

Thank you all for the boxes!

watched season 1 and part of season 2 of Downton Abby this weekend, streaming it on my kindle fire. Absolutely LOVE it. I hope I can squeeze the rest of if in before my amazon prime membership expires.

I've been following American Horror Story - Asylum since it started this season. pretty freakin' bizarre. anyone else watch it?

I've been following American Horror Story - Asylum since it started this season. pretty freakin' bizarre. anyone else watch it?
Yeah, watched last season and this season. Liked the possessed nun.

I couldn't get into it. The first season I have yet to see but seems a bit more up my alley, especially with the hot maid. Jessica Lange in a nightie doesn't exactly do it for me...

I got through the first 3 episodes of the first season. Never really got through it, plus the wife got creeped out by it so I could only watch it when she isn't home. However if she's not home, I don't tend to watch TV, so consequently the rest of the episodes I had recorded on the DVR got deleted to make space for other shows/movies we watch more regularly.

As an aside, we're thinking of dropping cable after Walking Dead and Breaking Bad wrap up this season. They took away most of the cable channels we watch, and the over the air reception is pretty good.

Plus, it is a lot easier to keep track of what's going on in episodic TV when you watch it quickly, rather than once a week.

Just started watching Game of Thrones because I got the first season on Blu-ray for Xmas. Talk about medieval pr0n! Wow. But the storyline and character development is excellent IMO. Watched 5 episodes in a row and then realized it was 3am. LOL

As an aside, we're thinking of dropping cable

and the over the air reception is pretty good.
+1. Haven't had cable for over 2 years now and couldn't be happier. :thumbs:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back