TV show thread

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Never got that far. Are they trying to write Howard out of the show?

I hope they get rid of Raj. He's not funny. At all. And his gay inflections are just stupid. Also, not funny.

I watched REVOLUTION last night. Not a bad start. Definitely intriguing with all the character development. I do like the "insurance adjuster" character. We'll have to see where this show goes...

^I meant to check that out, looks like it has some potential.

I'm watching a marathon of How the States Got Their Shapes on H2 right now. It's really interesting. They also have a series called Universe which is good at times.

Then again, they also had a marathon of Ancient Aliens last night. I had seen the South Park stuffing episode before, but after seeing that crap, it makes the episode twice as funny.

Last edited by a moderator:
Didn't realize it was based off of one.

I'm not a history buff, I'm not a geography buff, but I'm a trivia nut and always got a kick out of state trivia. I rock out that category whenever it comes on Jeopardy!.

OK, I'm about done with Revolution.

I can't get past all the logical fallacies, and the stupid swordfights just ruined it for me.

Back to reruns of IASIP.

I just picked up the first season of The Wire at the library so that's what I'll be watching until the baby is born.

OK, I'm about done with Revolution.

I can't get past all the logical fallacies, and the stupid swordfights just ruined it for me.

Back to reruns of IASIP.
So you'd prefer the old run of the mill gun fights where people unload entire clips of ammunition and hit nothing? Or if they manage to get a single bullet into a car, it explodes like it was rigged with 50 lbs of TNT? I think the sword fighting and bow 'n arrow weapons is a nice change of pace. It certainly makes the fight scenes have more substance.

So you'd prefer the old run of the mill gun fights where people unload entire clips of ammunition and hit nothing?
Yes

Or if they manage to get a single bullet into a car, it explodes like it was rigged with 50 lbs of TNT?
Yes.

I think the sword fighting and bow 'n arrow weapons is a nice change of pace.
Bows and arrows, yes. Swordfights, no.

It certainly makes the fight scenes have more substance.
Not really. One guy with a sword cleaning slicing through five guys with swords (who conveniently wait their turn to be sliced into OM baloney) is just as ridiculous as the one shot exploding car, but nowhere near as cool. Exploding car >>> guy holding cranberry sauce covered sausage up to his belly.

But Cap...What about that the guy with the gun that is shot at 150 times in a single scene and is never hit. Than he kills the bad guys with a few shots. That is the equivalent to waiting in turn to be sliced by the hero with the sword.

The plot seems very familiar with the movie The Postman. An auto proclaimed General leader of a militia, isolated communities that have to pay taxes to him, a former militia leader that is now against them (that would be Uncle Miles based on the previews from last night).

Last edited by a moderator:
^^You mean like the A-Team?

I loved The Postman. Great book, and the movie stayed pretty true to the book.

Back