TV show thread

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
^IIRC, they actually shot a few of them in the first show or two and were told by NBC to tone down the violence following complaints by some nanny organization.

Crud...what was that guys name?

Wasn't it the same dude that gave Magnum fits (Decker?)?

New NCIS & NCIS LA last night. New Tosh.0, new South Park, new CSI, and of course, Big Bang Theory! My DVR is getting loaded up quickly this week.

anyone catching SOA this season?

Its almost like the writers are trying to win some type of death / gore award.. its gone down hill the last 2 years IMO.. I could have done without the burn scene in episode I, maybe it has a point that will reveal itself down the road....

^ there was a lot of people posting on FB last night about how they couldn't believe what happened on SOA. I don't watch the show so I'm not sure what all the hype was about.

I catch it on Netflix, so we're about to start the season after the Ireland BS. That season sucked.

^ I have to watch that yet, maybe tonight.

I also watched some of Last Resort. Was kind of cool in a whole "Red Dawn" kind of sense. Don't know that I'll have time to watch it though.

last resort look interesting but I think Im just gonna wait and watch it in the offseason on either dvd or netflix or something...

anyone catching SOA this season?

Its almost like the writers are trying to win some type of death / gore award.. its gone down hill the last 2 years IMO.. I could have done without the burn scene in episode I, maybe it has a point that will reveal itself down the road....

I am shocked that they killed Opie. Even though he is technically not with the club now, I did not see that coming.

That show, and FX for that matter, has always pushed the limits of what can be shown on cable. It's amazingly addicting show, but yes it is over the top.

Last edited by a moderator:
We actually had a few good old-fashioned arguments about the show Revolution over the weekend. One of the mechanical guys in our group was asking why people hadn't gone back to using steam power. LadyFox (civil-enviro) was more troubled at how concrete was simply just gone in certain places (i.e. O'hare). I said, I think I have it figured out. I bet all the engineers banded together and formed their own city where everything works just fine. Where they actually do have steam power, working sanitary systems, etc. Basically a fully-functional infrastructure. They are just waiting for the "others" (or people we see in the show) to find said city. We were all in agreement. LOL

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm enjoying Revolution. You need to suspend belief and just go for the ride.

Has anyone seen Covert Affairs on USA ? the writing is really good! It's on hiatus for a few more weeks.

Back