This Week...

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I know it's not today because my date still says the full date of the exam on the homepage and it changes to just the month and year before they release.

Today will be the same number of days elapsed as the Oct 2017 release date and the same day of the week. Why completely count it out?
The cut score meetings wrapped up on Saturday. Give NCESS at least a full business day to process the findings of those three meetings and run the reports. I'm really bearish on today.

Well I know it's not today because my date still says the full date of the exam on the homepage and it changes to just the month and year before they release.
I forgot about that trick. In the past did that happen the day of release or more than a day before release?

The cut score meetings wrapped up on Saturday. Give NCESS at least a full business day to process the findings of those three meetings and run the reports. I'm really bearish on today.
I think I know RBHeadge's favorite word....

I wonder if EB is a self-selecting group of people who stress hard about the exam, or if it is a representative sample of takers?

If it is a representative sample, and most takers experience such a high stress level (amounting to trauma), I wonder if some kind of therapy or pre-therapy could be structured into engineering education.
For my old-adult ADD self, an 8 hour exam in a room with what could have been 1000 other people (San Mateo CA) on topics that I'll never use and never learned (I'm a ChemE licensing as CivE) was definitely traumatic, although I refer to it as hazing. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Today will be the same number of days elapsed as the Oct 2017 release date and the same day of the week. Why completely count it out?
Cause of my post earlier. The dates haven't changed on our homepages. They change to only the month and year before release. 

Good question, I can't remember. I want to say at least a day before release. 
I don't know if you or anyone else would be willing to go back into previous years' threads and figure it out.? Please? ...It could be a distraction from thinking about the test....

It'd be useful to know if I need to be prepared to make maps tomorrow or not. FWIW, I'm offsite most of the day tomorrow.

I don't know if you or anyone else would be willing to go back into previous years' threads and figure it out. Could be a distraction from thinking about the test.

It'd be useful to know if I need to be prepared to make maps tomorrow or not. FWIW, I'm offsite most of the day.
Hmm I can try and go back and see if that was talked about. 

Why are you punishing yourself?
In CA ChemE licensure is in name only.  CivE is license to practice.  While I obviously support license to practice for public safety, WRE and several other CivE topics have no overlap imho - thus hazing.  Seems like I should be able to pass the afternoon portion and be good to go in my area of specialty.  I don't want to, nor should I, build a highway or bridge.  I just want to purify water.

Thanks! I know it came up Apr 2017 and Oct 2017. I can't remember if it was noticed in Oct 2016 or not.

Maybe results will be released.  :wacko:

Does anyone else just have a constant sick feeling whenever thinking about the exam? I can't even look forward to my vacation because I have this dark cloud hanging over my life...
I'm with you there... nos so much a sick feeling but I also don't want it to ruin my mini vacation which starts this Friday ! Good luck !

SmoggyFinishedCheetah-max-1mb.gif

Back