The Walking Dead

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Unbelievable. My oldest son talked me into seeing the marathon and both, wifey and I, are hooked. I do not understand why since is the grossest thing I have ever watched. But found it interesting. Good story line. I guess this is the turn to the dark side.

Well you are the Dark Knight after all..... ;)

Why not take a boat to an island? Walkers aren't capable of operating motorized boats, and I don't think they can swim based on the scene at the river with Carl last season.

That's one of the downsides of the show is the "no duh" type moments. Going to an island is one...how many zombies do you suppose would be on Jamaica? Another is the vehicle situation. I always wondered from the very beginning, you've basically got your pick of any car out there and they are driving around in a giant POS RV that they have to constantly fix? What's the latest this season, some Hyundai's?

I would stay at the prison but get a huge trac ho and dig a serious moat around the place...

I'm back to wantin to punch Rick in the teeth...

I would head my ass west, damn sure wouldn't be hangin around skeezy ATL area

Last edited by a moderator:
thought the prison crew was kinda tuff on Ms. Andrea...and props to f'n Carl for calling his dad out as a tool of a leader! :tv:

When I watched it at 11:00 they showed much one talking to Andrea and she said she basically told the group she was the governors whore... I missed that the first time around and thought the same thing...

I thought Tyreese group ended up with ricks group so I can't figure out that angle..???

I had to wait until all the little badals and Mrs. badal went to bed and stay up to 12:30 but Im caught up on this season. I knew Andrea couldnt do it, but it was a good thought.

Read an article today talking about the possibility of Walking Dead moving to another channel.

Apparently when a cable company gets channels they are forced to get the AMC "package" which also includes IFC and Sundance among others. I guess cable companies want to start doing channels a la carte which means taking AMC but ditching IFC and Sundance...shocking I know. There was mention of AMC moving Walking Dead to one of those channels basically forcing the cable companies to keep the channel because no one in their right mind is going to give up the show. Before the panic starts, they said the more likely scenario is that they will keep WD on AMC and play repeats and/or late night replays of new shows on the crappy channels.

Much like quitting smoking , After this season I want to cut the cable cord altogether... This would help me with that decision..but it's easier said than done... Although I did ditch smoking years ago.. Haven't had same luck with cable...

yeah, we're probably going to lose the cable after this season of Breaking Bad and go over the air. This just makes it easier.

I prefer watching TV shows on DVDs anyway. I acan watch them whenever I feel like it.

Haven't had cable for 2 years now. Love it and not going back. We have Netflix and Hulu Plus. Streaming is the way to go now. Or I just download entire seasons of shows. :thumbs:

Last edited by a moderator:
^ Hulu+ is good for TV shows and basically takes the place of having to DVR things. It doesn't have EVERY TV show but it has a lot of selection. And it's all online so you can easily go between multiple devices and maintain your que. Price is reasonable I think (as compared to basic cable). On a side note Netflix seems to have less and less for online content. Might get rid of that soon.

^ Hulu+ is good for TV shows and basically takes the place of having to DVR things. It doesn't have EVERY TV show but it has a lot of selection. And it's all online so you can easily go between multiple devices and maintain your que. Price is reasonable I think (as compared to basic cable). On a side note Netflix seems to have less and less for online content. Might get rid of that soon.
We switched to basic $9 netflix and now we don't get new releases. Might make the switch to Amazon. It's $7.99 (I think) and has new releases.

We switched to basic $9 netflix and now we don't get new releases. Might make the switch to Amazon. It's $7.99 (I think) and has new releases.
Thanks Guys! Based on what you are saying, I might need to reexamine how the family gets entertained...

The previous discussion may now be resumed... :)

Back