What series have you watched on Netflix/Hulu/etc...

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just started watching Orange is the New Black on Netflix. There might be a bit too much gratuitous lesbian sex, but the character development and story lines are really compelling!

There might be a bit too much gratuitous lesbian sex

I'm not seeing a problem here...

If it's gratuitous, there's a problem. Gratuitous anything should generally be avoided - write a plot that can stand on it's own and actors that can keep a show interesting.

Not to say that there isn't a place for sex scenes, mind. But they should be plot-relevant. Take Lost Girl for example - it's generally fairly full of sexual content, but then again the initial driving plot of the show is that a woman learns she feeds off of sex. If there's a sex scene, there's generally a reason for it that will come up later in the episode (or relationship stuff).

Writing it into the plot doesn't make it any less gratuitous. But then again, I don't have a problem with shows being gratuitous. If Lost Girl was on HBO (and scenes editied accordingly), I would order it in a heartbeat...

There might be a bit too much gratuitous lesbian sex

I'm not seeing a problem here...

If it's gratuitous, there's a problem. Gratuitous anything should generally be avoided - write a plot that can stand on it's own and actors that can keep a show interesting.

Not to say that there isn't a place for sex scenes, mind. But they should be plot-relevant. Take Lost Girl for example - it's generally fairly full of sexual content, but then again the initial driving plot of the show is that a woman learns she feeds off of sex. If there's a sex scene, there's generally a reason for it that will come up later in the episode (or relationship stuff).
I was being facetious.

I like words with ious

Like obnoxious.

Finished the first season of Orange is the New Black last night. I really enjoyed that show and look forward to the next season (which was given the green light, but hasn't started filming yet). Pretty good series of cliff-hangers to setup season 2.

Finally just finished up season 3 of Game of Thrones. Great addicting show.

Now catching up on season 6 of Big Bang Theory.

Back