The Walking Dead

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm rereading the comics right now. I'm at the point where the governor is introduced.

I've got to finish GOT and then would like to pick the comics back up

Who was that guy that was thrown off the bridge and hanged? Was he from the hilltop or Alexandria? I couldn't place him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think that guy was from another group that didn't follow the rules so the survivors made a example of him.

IMO, they built up to that last moment too much.  I started fastforwarding through his overly dramatic monologue just to get to the killin.  Write me down for Abraham too.  The build up was too much for one of the 2nd tier guys/gals, but I don't think they can kill Rick, Maggie, Carl or Glenn.

well RIP _ _ _ _  and _ _ _!  (In case anyone else didn't watch it yet)

I know they have to shed people so they can add new characters but I have to admit it was a little sad to watch last nights show.. I say this every season but I have lost interest, even though I keep watching it.. just nothing else on...

What did Glen know about Hillary Clinton???  :huh:
Her e-mail password.

e18a32b73226112dd655bd93ad7f466f.jpg

Actually, now that I've had time to reflect on it a bit, I think I am done with the show.  They are just going for the gross out factor now.  There was no need to show what they did in the season premier.  I know that sounds hypocritical since it hasn't exactly been a sunday school lesson up until now, but it just seemed like they jumped the shark a bit.  Kill him, Ok, but let focus more on acting and plot lines rather than showing a regular characters eyes being beaten out of his head.

Luckily not every episode is like that, take this past Sunday for example.

I stopped reading the comics a year ago just cause it got old.... but the show is very tame compared to them. In the comics rape is very common, gruesome is the norm, sex slaves exist, rick doesn't have both hands, etc....

I watched Sunday's episode but I am bored with this show. We watched westerworld over TWD Sunday. But I feel like I am at the end of LOST- where I realize the show has gone to shit but I am committed to seeing how it ends..

Damn, one of the shows I actually followed all the way through. What a let-down.
It's like telling a campfire ghost stories, having everyone on the edge of their seats, and ending with "I don't know, like, a bunch of people died and then there were some ghosts flying around and shit and maybe it was a dream or something, who cares?"

1 hour ago, goodal said:
Actually, now that I've had time to reflect on it a bit, I think I am done with the show.  They are just going for the gross out factor now.  There was no need to show what they did in the season premier.  I know that sounds hypocritical since it hasn't exactly been a sunday school lesson up until now, but it just seemed like they jumped the shark a bit.  Kill him, Ok, but let focus more on acting and plot lines rather than showing a regular characters eyes being beaten out of his head.

I think they were trying to be faithful to the comic.  

1 hour ago, Road Guy said:
I stopped reading the comics a year ago just cause it got old.... but the show is very tame compared to them. In the comics rape is very common, gruesome is the norm, sex slaves exist, rick doesn't have both hands, etc....

I watched Sunday's episode but I am bored with this show. We watched westerworld over TWD Sunday. But I feel like I am at the end of LOST- where I realize the show has gone to shit but I am committed to seeing how it ends..

I thought the Negan series was good.  I couldn't put it down until I saw how it ended.  I did stop reading shortly after that wrapped up.  I don't remember any rape in the comics though.  Maybe because I remember the gruesome parts more.

so Im the fucked up one that remembers the rape scenes?

well I put the show to rest for a few weeks and then slowly started watching it again, have to say I was a little turned off by the brain bashing in, but for anyone else who "turned' it off, it defin has gotten better,  & I may be fucked up but I really like the Negan character in the show better than the comic version I remember

I haven't watched since the season premier.  I'm done.  That brain bashing was ridiculous.  But, besides that, I've been losing interest in the show for quite some time.  It's just not what it started out being.  I actually like the zombies to be scary and the real monster.  If I wanted to watch people versus people, I'd watch any of the other shows out there.  I want to see people versus zombies.  But whatever, I know that I'm the only one who matters for ratings.

Back