The Fat Season has arrived!!!!!

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
we left one pumpkin on our front porch and it got severely violated by jerry (my neighbors name for the squirrel)

View attachment 10361

I would be remiss if I didn't honor VTE's memory by pointing out the resemblance to goatse.

On another note, I bought a 12 gauge on Black Friday--might need to grow some pumpkins next year for targets.

I think I also now know why my apple trees didn't produce this year.. need to find that Benjamin pellet rifle!

Turkey fryer fires are legit our monthly formal safety meeting discussion every November. I think I’ve heard of every safety hazard and how to mitigate it, when it comes to the act of frying a turkey. Yes, hot oil can catch fire.

And let that squirrel have that pumpkin, you should be done with it anyway.

And on that note, what's everyone's typical Christmas dinner look like? 
Spiral sliced ham, green bean casserole, some kind of potatoes, rolls, and eggnog cheesecake. We eat it for a week, there is so much leftover!

I’m in for rebuilding the gates Mordor!

Last edited by a moderator:
The past couple of years, the company has given all salary slaves a gift card to Kroger. We have used ours to buy a really nice prime rib or beef roast, and do a slow roast of it in the oven, with mashed potatoes, and vegetables of some sort. Two years ago I did the prime rib, last year a roast. The roast was easier, and tasted better, IMHO. I usually do some sort of au jus as well.

The typical Christmas dinner with my family is pretty simple. We do a goose stuffed with oranges and slathered in olive oil on the Weber, with sides of mashed potatoes, peas, rolls, and pie and ice cream for dessert.

Prime rib and whatever feels like accompanying it. I get adopted into my friends fam for Xmas. They make really good cheesecakes too.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Honestly, we do Chinese take-out.  Since we'll be with my CT family for X-mas, it will be chicken, ham, green bean casserole, mashed potatoes, glazed carrots, and probably cocktail shrimp.  Since that's basically my Thanksgiving meal, I may do some crock pot stuff to try to mix things up a bit.

Mmmm, fooood!!!! Y’all making me hungry, and I just went to doc yesterday and need to loose weight (ie diet, eating not as yummy food).

Note: holidays aren’t a good time to see your pcp.

for Xmas we've had beef tenderloin for the past couple of years.  Mrs. MA marinates it with something.  I'll get the details from her.  we cook it in the oven or if the weather is clear, I'll put it on a pan in the grill and basically just use the grill as an outside oven.

A relative cooked this years T-day turkey in a pellet smoker.  It was very good.  Anyone else got a pellet smoker?  I'm thinking it's a nice thing to have.

Back