SOUTH CAROLINA - RESULTS

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
UPDATE:
Wife called..........they recieved the results today. "You will receive you letter before they ar posted on the website"

I found this statement a bit odd seeing as they always update the website first.

Anyway, another random statement. "The results take a week to process." whatever that means.

:true:
Is the wife not allowed to open it for you?

She hasn't been involved too much with this obsession with results but she got a wild hair to see if I was telling the truth about the lack of results.

I will open the envelope for sure.

2 new engineers added today #25050 & 25051 from other states.

I will keep checking 25052.

Somebody posted that (on June 19th, i.e. yesterday) someone at the board told them they just got results (that day). Well, I called on Friday, and they told me they just had received results then! I get the feeling they are feeding us lines down there.

I'm "radio" on the other site.

Welcome 3 Doors.....

Have you spoke with the board today?

There are a couple other guys on the site who took the structural exam. Very tough from what I hear.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey SCPE. No, I haven't called them (or e-mailed them) today. (Friday was the last time.) It seems they are giving false info, based on what I'm reading here.

3doors. I took Civil/structural. I took STR 1 in October and needless to say I am here again. If you don't make it this time I will talk to you about taking Civil/Structural; I felt it was a much easier test.

I do believe that they prepare the letters first. The website updating doesn't take long ( a couple of hours) since the majority of the work was done in preparing the letters. Do the letters come with a licencse number? I assume yes.

I would take the civil exam, but someday I'd like to try my luck with the SE II. (It took a freind of mine less tries to pass the SE II than the SE I.) But I have to admit, this is becoming a trying process. But: I got the endurance.

You definitely have endurance if you have taken the Pe exam 5 times. Talk about not giving up!

Last edited by a moderator:
The thing about it is: I haven't been able to put forth a maximum effort towards it (the most I've ever studied for one sitting is 140 hours), because I'm working part-time towards my M.S. in Structural (and I work full-time). But I'm gonna get it, by God. :)

Do you feel like or do you know if you were close to passing in those attempts?

That's a story unto itself. The first time I took it-I didn't even study; I just wanted to get a feel for what the test was like. And that was my best score (68, they didn't report the 4th time)! The second time I studied about 140-160 hours and that was my worst score! Methinks they are playing with the cut score like crazy.

To summarize:

1 st time: 68

2nd : 62

3rd: 66

4th: Fail (Score not reported).

5th: ?????????????

I'm tempted to.....but I got a feeling I'm gonna get the same load of B.S. from them. I mean, how could they have gotten results Friday AND Monday? I don't think they are playing it straight with us.

Back