Se exam results release date?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congratulations to all who passed so far! I jumped around my office for a bit last year when I got my results.

Bassplayer, knowing how hard you've worked for this I'm actually super nervous for when you get your results. Good luck to you and all those waiting for their results.

MA here, still waiting. I thought all the SE results would go up on NCEES at the same time, but I guess I'll just keep hitting the F5 key until I see something.

Just got my results. Sadly, I did not pass bridge lateral again! That was my third attempt.

I think i am also paranoid they waited until Friday to potentially release, that just seems like a bad omen, haha *knock on wood*

Forgot to mention, I am in PA. I guess back to studying....... :(

Bassplayer - hoping you pass. I don't wish having to retake this test on anyone!

We feel you mjborg. Interesting that PA was one of the last states to release PE results but one of the first to release SE, only 3 days between the two.

Thanks StructualBrewer! I appreciate it.

I think I will take a few weeks off to enjoy the summer with family and then hit it hard for October.

What's the next step after you passed the exams if your state does not have separate license for SE?

xjggre - When I lived in NY, other engineers who passed the SE applied to IL for an SE license. That was my plan now that I am in PA.

xjggre - When I lived in NY, other engineers who passed the SE applied to IL for an SE license. That was my plan now that I am in PA.
Thanks for your valuable suggestion.

Is there any special requirements to apply IL Se license?

What's the next step after you passed the exams if your state does not have separate license for SE?

As far as I know, every state accepts the SE exam for getting a PE. I'm licensed in 9 states now and only one of them is an SE, all the others are PE states.

Thanks for your valuable suggestion.

Is there any special requirements to apply IL Se license?

IL needs you to have passed the FE exam, the SE exam, show you exerience, and:

1. Properly completed 4-page Application for Licensure/Examination.

2. Official original transcripts from EACH college or university attended with
school seal affixed. Transcript must include coursework completed. An
abbreviated transcript is not acceptable. Submit transcripts for undergraduate
and all graduate coursework.

a. If you are a graduate of an approved engineering curriculum, 4 years of
structural engineering experience is required. An approved engineering
curriculum shall include a minimum of 18 semester hours (27 quarter
hours) of structural analysis behavior and design courses. A minimum of
9 semester hours are required in structural design.

b. If you are a graduate of a related science curriculum, 8 years of structural
engineering experience is required.

I agree with what phecke said. I know engineers who did what he stated, and the few who wanted an actual SE license, applied to a state that issues one.

xjggre - not sure of the specific requirements in IL for an SE, can't image that they are much different from any other state.

Back