Se exam results release date?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, I find it very un-easy a bunch of people are in a room at Clemson determining from my 3 essay problems (one of which was very un fair) if I am fit to design bridges

Yeah, I find it very un-easy a bunch of people are in a room at Clemson determining from my 3 essay problems (one of which was very un fair) if I am fit to design bridges
That's unfortunate to hear, considering how huge each question is.

I found all of the lateral building questions to be right on par with what I was expecting. One of them was a curve-ball but not unfair in any way, just required some outside-the-box thinking.

I wish I knew my multiple choice score at least - after the exam I felt more concerned with that than the essay portion

Last edited by a moderator:

I'm glad that I no longer have to go through that again and really, really hoping that you don't have to go through this again either. Good luck, try not to think about it (yeah, I know...).

The SE grading workshop is June 5 so no worries on checking this week.
According to the June licensure exchange the official dates for the workshop are June 4-6. So the official grading begins today
You are correct the people at ncees lied to me !!!! I saw this today to so hoping maybe next week we can start seeing some releases

According to the June licensure exchange the official dates for the workshop are June 4-6. So the official grading begins today
You are correct the people at ncees lied to me !!!! I saw this today to so hoping maybe next week we can start seeing some releases
I hope so, but I'm not going to get my hopes up and I'll just assume it'll be the week of the 15th when results start coming in

I hope so, but I'm not going to get my hopes up and I'll just assume it'll be the week of the 15th when results start coming in
That would be consistent with past result release dates. But, because you know you will; F5... F5... F5...F5...F5...F5...

Beer; lots and lots of beer.

Also, don't worry, we'll just have to double down and get you through this.

I've asked but haven't gotten any replies yet so I'll try this here where there seems to be more activity. I'm getting ready to sit for the SE next year and am wondering if anyone here has taken a review class and what you thought of it? Do most people just self study or take a review?

I've found a few old threads on here and it seems like ASCE's is not worth it & Kaplan has mixed reviews. What about PPI? I heard they are coming out with a new review course. Has anyone taken EET SE review? Thanks.

I passed without a review course, but from what I understand your assessment seems to be accurate.

I may possibly be teaching one of the PPI courses coming up if all goes well. I'd hope it's worthwhile. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I took Kaplan. I had mixed reviews because It was really geared towards buildings and the essay portion of the test. This really didn't help me as a bridge guy. That being said, they have 2 excellent teachers. Tim Mays (I think that was his name), did lateral forces, ASCE 7 loads, and bridges. These were excellent lectures with tons of great info. Then there was a lady who did Masonry which was solid as well.

Overall, I think it was a good refresher for a bridge guy, but it really was more geared to building folk for help with the essay portion of the test.

The practice tests published by PPI have helped me the most, that and failing the test twice (as much as I hate to admit it) because you get a feel for what you are weak in

It's awfully quiet out there this year. Anyone hearing any rumblings other than "....8 to 10 weeks" ?

just waiting at this point .... as patiently as possible haha .... I would expect next weeks the week but just a guess based on past stuff

I remember the first time I got lateral results, it was the Tuesday or Wednesday after the grading workshop. So I am impatiently waiting. I am also hoping they decided to add a giant curve because of that ridiculous problem 3

Going off of results last time - they graded the exam December 4-6 and I received results December 16th. So I am expecting results the 16th this time too

FINALLY got my scores just now! Good luck to everyone. I had to call the Illinois Department of Financial & Professional Regulation and ask for the master scorekeeper Chawla to get my results.

Back