recipe rut....looking for non-slow cooker ideas

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We have reached a recipe rut with dinner ideas.  Any non-slow cooker favorites out there
I've been going to town making cast-iron pan pizzas. I make a quick and dirty no-yeast dough (I use 1 tsp baking soda), let it rest in the fridge for a couple hours (ideally overnight, but not required). The cast-iron makes an amazingly crispy crust. *drools*

Easy Korean ground beef:

-Cook your beef and drain grease

-In separate bowl, mix green onions, red pepper flakes, 6 cloves garlic, 1/2 cup brown sugar, 2 cups soy sauce, 2 tbsp. sesame oil. 

-Combine and let the sauce reduce and thicken.  Adjust brown sugar as necessary.  Serve over rice.  I like to add snow peas to mine.

So you can track your cooking progress in the comfort of the other room!

I think it's kinda funny that they have BT as well. LOL.
Haha, I guess that makes sense for people who live in a home that bigger than three rooms plus a bathroom, and more than 850 sq ft!

Uhh, they come with Bluetooth? Why the heck do they need Bluetooth?

The one I ordered appears to be without Bluetooth.

But seriously, why does it need Bluetooth?
Of course! This KFoxPC approved! Which one do you think I purchased? ;)

So you can track your cooking progress in the comfort of the other room!

I think it's kinda funny that they have BT as well. LOL.
Or from work given the correct application of adapters that connect to net. And no, I'm not worried about someone hacking my Instant Pot. :D

C'mon MA, everything has BT now. Even my electronic cat feeder!  :D

You can make CAKES in it??
And Yogurt! And so much more. I have quite a few saved recipes for it already too that I could share.

I have quite a few saved recipes for it already too that I could share.
Please do!

A food blogger I've been following for years also got one some time a year or two ago, so I'm finally going to check out her instant pot recipes that I mainly ignored before.

Going to see a nutritionist on Friday, so I'll probably be revisiting this thread sooner than later!

Back