recipe rut....looking for non-slow cooker ideas

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
no we were trying to reproduce the ones from Rock Bottom Brewery

although I do have strong feelings toward fried fish :D  + hush puppies

we caught a mess of crappie in the pond near the house two years ago and made some, last time we have had them too....

My buddy owns a fried fish restaurant, and he makes some killer hushpuppies.  He also breads and deep fries banana peppers which are probably the best thing ever.

Um...it's Lent. Literally everywhere has a fried fish basket on the menu. Even our local Philly cheesesteak place serves tuna on Fridays. 
So what kind of fish will you be having then? :dunno:

Basically looking for this
78b47cfac32fa07fa42979fe9ab2908c.jpg

tongs are for when you have  company, otherwise its all hands and elbows.. wait for the tongs and you might not get any ;)

I've bitten the bullet... Amazon is having a sale on 6 quart Instant Pots ($100 vs. $150) right now, so I decided now was as good a time as ever!

^^ With or without bluetooth?

We have both a rice cooker & an electronic pressure cooker. If either one of those were to just die, I'm sure we would buy an Instant Pot as well.

^^ With or without bluetooth?

We have both a rice cooker & an electronic pressure cooker. If either one of those were to just die, I'm sure we would buy an Instant Pot as well.
Uhh, they come with Bluetooth? Why the heck do they need Bluetooth?

The one I ordered appears to be without Bluetooth.

But seriously, why does it need Bluetooth?

I might have to buy one (instant pot).  My grandmother used to make a beef bone soup that my oldest sister and I literally used to fight over.  We don't have the recipe, but I'm willing to experiment to try and come close.  She definitely did it in an old pressure pot on the stove.

Last edited by a moderator:
Uhh, they come with Bluetooth? Why the heck do they need Bluetooth?

The one I ordered appears to be without Bluetooth.

But seriously, why does it need Bluetooth?
So you can track your cooking progress in the comfort of the other room!

I think it's kinda funny that they have BT as well. LOL.

Back