recipe rut....looking for non-slow cooker ideas

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I see three lactose ingredients, but am struggling to find #4?

knowing.jpg

Wow! I didn't expect such a strong backlash. Sorry all! Feel free NOT to make the recipe I posted above. Haha!

We have reached a recipe rut with dinner ideas.  Any non-slow cooker favorites out there
Dinner, eh?  Try this one.  

Prep Time:

• 2 minutes
Ingredients:

• 3 slices of bread (honey wheat, white, 9-grain, etc...  Your choice!)
  • Peanut butter or almond butter (choices!)
  • Jelly / Jam / Preserves (grape, strawberry, blackberry, etc...  Again, your choice!)
Directions:

1. Apply peanut butter to one side of one piece of bread and spread evenly.
  2. Apply jelly to one side of a different piece of bread and spread evenly.
  3. On third piece of bread, apply jelly to one side, spread evenly, and place jelly side down on the peanut butter side of the bread slice in step 1.  Make sure the edges are even all the way around.
  4. On the "clean" face of the third piece of bread, apply peanut butter to one side and spread evenly.
  5. Place the jellied slice of bread from step 2, jelly side down, on top of the newly peanut buttered piece from step 4.  Make sure the edges are even all the way around.
  6. Consume with delight.
Try this recipe with the different suggestions of bread, nut butter, and jelly.  Invite your friends over for sandwich making parties!  Make several, cut into triangles, and serve on a tray at your next corporate potluck!  What variations can you provide to an all-time classic?  Share with your social networks on Twit, Faceplace, and Instacrap today!

I'm a little embarrassed to admit that I had to reread that recipe a few times. My PB&J is merely two slices of wheat bread and I was so confused on the third slice. 

I'm a little embarrassed to admit that I had to reread that recipe a few times. My PB&J is merely two slices of wheat bread and I was so confused on the third slice. 
I didn't catch the 3 slices of bread.  so is this a P&J club?

Bread, PB, J, Bread, J, PB, Bread.

I'd go a step further, although spreading would be tricky:

Bread, PB, J, PB, Bread, PB, J, PB, Bread.

So if this is the fabled PD&J Club sandwich, shouldn't there be a toothpick in it as well?

I consider it to be the Big Mac of PB&J.  I create the masterpiece at work when I'm extra super hungry or when I am having a good day and I want to treat myself.

How do you feel about PB&J uncrustables?

Last edited by a moderator:
That's akin to asking a drinker what their thoughts are to the pre-mixed bottles of margaritas.  How about maybe pre-mixed gin & tonics... or black and tans... or cement mixers...

pb&j on anything other than white bread is just nasty... ;)
I always grew up eating my PB&J's on whole wheat bread. They were good. For me, it more depended on the type of jam used (all strawberry jam right here, none of that grape jelly stuff).

pfft---bitches...

we finally mastered fish tacos at the house.. took a few tries but they are solid! all I remember is we use Tilapia and this sauce from Sweet Baby Rays - if I remember ill post the recipe.. a little work but defin worth it...

Back