PA results?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nothing yesterday in Manayunk or Media (Philly area)... I'm kinda mad that they do this so close to Christmas - it's taking too much of my thoughts off the holiday.
Nothing in Harrisburg yesterday either. I am fortunate to have the day off today, though, so if I get the results today, I'll definitely post...mail usually comes around noon.
I saw that an individual in Guam posted at 5:30AM that they got their results letter. I'm thinking if Guam received it today, we stand a good chance. Good luck to all!
Just checked my mail, nothing yet again. Here's to at least two more days of waiting. Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays everyone!

:waitwall:
I just texted my wife and she is at home with the results in hand...
There goes your Christmas present...

Results are in (Harrisburg) - and Santa doesn't like me very much. I'll be taking it again in April. :(

Good luck to everyone else!!

Results are also in here (Pittsburgh).......and I PASSED! Second time around, failed in April 08. Geotech depth module. Glad it's over with. Although I didn't need it for working at the gov't, it's good to have.

Also received the good news!! :bananadoggywow: :bananalama: :party-smiley-048: :mf_bounce8: :th_rockon: :signs051:

Congrats to those who passed and to those that were not as fortunate please keep fighting on!

passed the structural I on the first try... now trying to decide if i want to take the structural II before they combine the structural I and the structural II in April of 2011

Just got my mail (finally!) and the news is good! Took the civil exam, structural afternoon module.

:party-smiley-048: :multiplespotting:

Still waiting for results, hopefully tomorrow - I was so disappointed when they didn't come Saturday. Congrats to everyone who passed, that's awesome. And my condolences to those still on the path...

Still waiting for results, hopefully tomorrow - I was so disappointed when they didn't come Saturday. Congrats to everyone who passed, that's awesome. And my condolences to those still on the path...
Failed 2nd time, Geotech Concentration

Breakdown as follows:

Breadth - Construction 63

Breadth - Geotech 88

Breadth - Structural 75

Breadth - Transpo 50

Breadth - Water 88

Subsurface Inv. 67

Eng. Properties 60

Soil Mechanics 60

Earthquake 50

Earth Structures 25

Shallow Foundations 33

Earth Retaining Structures 67

Deep Foundations 50

Other topics 20

How close to the cut can this be??! I had a really good feeling about this test when I left the room. With this type of breakdown, is asking for a re-score worth it?

Breakdown as follows:

Breadth - Geotech 88

Breadth - Structural 75

Breadth - Transpo 50

Breadth - Water 88

Subsurface Inv. 67

Eng. Properties 60

Soil Mechanics 60

Earthquake 50

Earth Structures 25

Shallow Foundations 33

Deep Foundations 50

Other topics 20

How close to the cut can this be??! I had a really good feeling about this test when I left the room. With this type of breakdown, is asking for a re-score worth it?

JSteven:

I got a spreadsheet somewhere on this forum (if I could remember I'd give credit). Anyway, I punched your numbers in and it showed a 73% correct in the morning and a 48% correct in the afternoon. The total calculated to be 60% or 48 out of 80 questions. You can double check this because the math is easy. However, it is a tough question to answer for you. You are close, but it all depends on where the final cut score was. Hope this helps.

Breakdown as follows:

Breadth - Geotech 88

Breadth - Structural 75

Breadth - Transpo 50

Breadth - Water 88

Subsurface Inv. 67

Eng. Properties 60

Soil Mechanics 60

Earthquake 50

Earth Structures 25

Shallow Foundations 33

Deep Foundations 50

Other topics 20

I would ask for rescore... In my first trial I got 49 right (approx.) Later from a friend in Texas found that most right anyone got and still failed exam was 50 (approx.). So I was only one or two question away. I did not know that at that time and so did not give for re-score. I would if I were in your shoes. (FYI: I gave SE1) Its just few more bucks.

Breakdown as follows:

Breadth - Geotech 88

Breadth - Structural 75

Breadth - Transpo 50

Breadth - Water 88

Subsurface Inv. 67

Eng. Properties 60

Soil Mechanics 60

Earthquake 50

Earth Structures 25

Shallow Foundations 33

Deep Foundations 50

Other topics 20

you are definitely close with a total score of 48/80, especially since geotech was tough and many expect that cutoff has to be around 50 plus/minus 1 or 2. its upto you but again its just a matter of some money. i would definitely have gone for it, and try to see how much this compares to the cut score.

Breakdown as follows:

Breadth - Geotech 88

Breadth - Structural 75

Breadth - Transpo 50

Breadth - Water 88

Subsurface Inv. 67

Eng. Properties 60

Soil Mechanics 60

Earthquake 50

Earth Structures 25

Shallow Foundations 33

Deep Foundations 50

Other topics 20

you are definitely close with a total score of 48/80, especially since geotech was tough and many expect that cutoff has to be around 50 plus/minus 1 or 2. its upto you but again its just a matter of some money. i would definitely have gone for it, and try to see how much this compares to the cut score.
Good Advice, I think im going to give it a shot. How often are there correcting errors? It seems to offer this option would only be profitable if the test taker was in doubt of their correcting abilities. How often does doing this change the results fail to pass?

Breakdown as follows:

Breadth - Geotech 88

Breadth - Structural 75

Breadth - Transpo 50

Breadth - Water 88

Subsurface Inv. 67

Eng. Properties 60

Soil Mechanics 60

Earthquake 50

Earth Structures 25

Shallow Foundations 33

Deep Foundations 50

Other topics 20

I would ask for rescore... In my first trial I got 49 right (approx.) Later from a friend in Texas found that most right anyone got and still failed exam was 50 (approx.). So I was only one or two question away. I did not know that at that time and so did not give for re-score. I would if I were in your shoes. (FYI: I gave SE1) Its just few more bucks.
I don't think 50/80 is the cut score. I got 53 right the first try and still failed. I still believe that 56/80 would be the cut score.

Breakdown as follows:

Breadth - Geotech 88

Breadth - Structural 75

Breadth - Transpo 50

Breadth - Water 88

Subsurface Inv. 67

Eng. Properties 60

Soil Mechanics 60

Earthquake 50

Earth Structures 25

Shallow Foundations 33

Deep Foundations 50

Other topics 20

I don't think 50/80 is the cut score. I got 53 right the first try and still failed. I still believe that 56/80 would be the cut score.
It could be for Geotech? Who knows. It's worth it for me to try. On a side note to all Geotechs who failed or are trying the test again DO NOT attend School of PE if you are considering a reveiew course. Afternoon/Depth preparation was a joke.

Finally got my letter yesterday and I passed! So excited and relieved to be done with this whole process! Good luck to everyone who will try again!

Latest posts

Back