October 2019 Test Results

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Found out at like 9 PM Eastern via this Board while on the couch and immediately rushed to my laptop.. So I passed Survey this time (not my first rodeo), all done.. I kept dragging this pointless test but it's over :)

Congratz to those who passed and for those who didn't please keep at it, address your weaknesses and build on what you already know.. You'll beat it next time!

Last edited by a moderator:
Pumped to hear all of you guys passed, congrats!! Hate to ask, but I've been reading through countless forums about what study material to use and a lot of it is contradictory. So figured it made the most sense to ask the people who just passed. Sounds like Hiner's the go to for seismic, but I've yet to find a trustworthy survey reference, any recommendations?  I'm taking the School of PE class, but would like to do a workbook and some practice exams as well (tbh: the amount of typos the professor admitted to during the class is a little concerning).  Also if you guys had to study all over again, anything you'd do different? Congrats and Cheers! You guys earned it!

My main ref book was Hiner for seismic, but I did skim through the EET, and I would say there are some questions that I would not be able to answer if I did not have EET book on the exam. So to me EET is more comprehensive than Hiner. IF you have time and can get both book do both, otherwise I would say go with EET. Questions that you will see on the exam are very similar to those in EET book. 

For survey I  did multiple reference book, like PPI and Boniface and took a look of some chapters in Reza. I would say solve as many questions as you can, but if you have limited time, stick with Reza. 

Pumped to hear all of you guys passed, congrats!! Hate to ask, but I've been reading through countless forums about what study material to use and a lot of it is contradictory. So figured it made the most sense to ask the people who just passed. Sounds like Hiner's the go to for seismic, but I've yet to find a trustworthy survey reference, any recommendations?  I'm taking the School of PE class, but would like to do a workbook and some practice exams as well (tbh: the amount of typos the professor admitted to during the class is a little concerning).  Also if you guys had to study all over again, anything you'd do different? Congrats and Cheers! You guys earned it!
used Hiner and Reza. Both were very close to the exam. Worked each workbook once and that got me over the hump. 

Thank you too Geo2019. I'm going to be focusing on Hiner and Reza. Appreciate the feedback

Hopefully, PE #'s get released tomorrow.  Need to get paid!! 
I don't really think that It happens tomorrow. Historically it takes min two weeks to assign the PE #s and update their record, and one month from the result we probably get the hardcopy. 

either way It does not really matter to me. The result letters were enough for my employer to give me the raise, starting the date that the results were released. 

either way It does not really matter to me. The result letters were enough for my employer to give me the raise, starting the date that the results were released. 
My employer is cool, already took care of me. I’m trying to chase down a public agency vacancy which is a big opportunity but need my P.E. # to file.  

I am looking for advice from the experienced guys here as iam preparing f to take the exams in Q1 2020, i see most of the people take both exams together in the same day or in the same quarter but i wonder why ?? I am planning to study for each one and take the exams in different months .. any advices about that ??

I finally got my results this morning after begging them to forward my results to my new email. Thankfully I passed both, are we just waiting on the email with our license number now?

I am looking for advice from the experienced guys here as iam preparing f to take the exams in Q1 2020, i see most of the people take both exams together in the same day or in the same quarter but i wonder why ?? I am planning to study for each one and take the exams in different months .. any advices about that ??
I took seismic first and then survey two weeks later. Essentially, I spent 1 month studying for survey first, then 1.5 months studying seismic, took the seismic exam and reviewed survey for two weeks and then took survey. 

It worked for me, but if I wasn't comfortable with the survey material it would have been a little scary to just have two weeks after seismic. I work as a roadway engineer so that material just comes way easier to me than seismic did. 

Back