NFL FOOTBALL 2012

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
how much do the regular NFL refs make?

I have a hard time having sympathy for any union workers that make above $100,000 a year..

especially for a part time job...

Last edited by a moderator:
If I'm not mistaken I think most of the (regular) NFL refs have "real jobs". I know for instance that Ed Hochuli is a lawyer and reffing in the NFL is a part time gig.

I just heard they want a pension instead of a 401K plan like the players get.. but I would be curious if they make a salary similar to what they pay the cheerleaders or more in line with say a 5th round draft pick?

They probably work more than that with training, travel, etc.. The travel alone would require substantial compensation.

As for a pension, that seems like an unnecessary benefit considering they are really a part-time employee.

Maybe the scab refs are blowing calls on purpose. They could be plants of the unions which are meant to force the NFL's hand in siding with the union?

Consider it!

I'm sorry, the scab refs SUCK, but to pine away for a slightly less sucky staff in the regular refs....ain't happening - there is no holy pedestal of ref'ing, they all pretty much blow or are on the take @ the professional level

These d-bag scabs take it to a humorous level perhaps
I don't feel bad for the striking refs, and I certainly don't think the "scabs" are douche-bags. In the end, everyone loses so it'll just be a matter of who loses less and who loses more.

And "scabs"... Why are union workers so bitter when non-union workers do their job when they choose not to?

I don't feel bad for the striking refs, and I certainly don't think the "scabs" are douche-bags. In the end, everyone loses so it'll just be a matter of who loses less and who loses more.
The regular referees are not on strike, they are locked out by the league. So the replacements aren't scabs.

Learned today that one of the major sticking points is the NFL wants to be able to tell a ref without notice that they are not being used the following week( like say the blow a call in a game Sunday they may be told there not working the next week)

I think most of us have these types of jobs, you screw up you get punished...

I could care less for the striking regular refs, or the D3 / lingerie league / footlocker employees comprising the replacement refs. And in the end, its merely an entertainment industry, nobody really frickin loses, LOL - they certainly aren't hurting for ratings or attendance...and everybody's getting paid one way or another, even unqualified people doing a job clearly above their capability :rolleyes:

I heard that Footlocker has released a statement that they intend on changing their employee uniforms. They don't want their employees to think they can referee an NFL game...

I could care less for the striking regular refs...
foul.jpg

Using the phrase “could care less” actually means that one does, in fact, possess a measurable level of caring, concern or interest of a given situation and is contradictory to the context in which that phrase is commonly used. The use of “could care less”, in fact, expresses that one does care, have an interest, or a level of concern about a topic or situation.Attempting to convey a position that one has no interest or concern would require the use of the phrase “couldn’t care less”, which indicates a state of mind completely devoid of caring, interest or concern. If one cannot care less, the indication is a level at which one could not possibly care less because he/she already does not care at all.

http://www.alyssonfergison.com/couldnt-care-less-or-could-care-less/
Sorry, pet peeve.

Back