NFL 2017

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ya, no SB parties this year. The only way I could be convinced is if they moved it to Sat. so we didn't have to stay up late to watch on a "school" night.  <_<

21bbdeb2776c3e73069733d6fdfafb22.jpg

I don't really know many Justin Timberlake songs but it would be most excellent if he would just do his SNL character during the half time show - Bring it on down to Liquor-Ville....

After last year's debacle between the Falcons and Patriots, I am more convinced than ever that some games are "scripted" and have to have certain events occur like big comeback or big upset to keep the ratings up.  Looking more like WWE than an honest game.  With betting such an important factor in driving viewership, you know there's got to be some fixing of point spreads and results going on.  Very hard to prove from the outside.  

I dunno the press seems to love to speculate that there's trouble in the Brady/Belichick romance.

After last year's debacle between the Falcons and Patriots, I am more convinced than ever that some games are "scripted" and have to have certain events occur like big comeback or big upset to keep the ratings up.  Looking more like WWE than an honest game.  With betting such an important factor in driving viewership, you know there's got to be some fixing of point spreads and results going on.  Very hard to prove from the outside.  
Like Minnesota taking a knee on the PAT at the end of the game against NO? They were up by 5 and the spread was 5.5...

Meh...YouTube and Facebook may be raising an entire generation of buffoons, but at least there is an up side.  Used to be you had to watch the game for the commercials and to see if the halftime show is any good.  Now you skip it and watch all of them online.

I don't think that I will.

Hell, we have enough crazy Superbowl antics on the local news here.

Probably at least the second half (hopefully it's not a blowout by then). But I have no idea where. We've been invited to four separate super bowl parties.

Back