NFL 2017

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh my gosh, yes. HOW THE HECK WAS THAT RELEVANT TO DODGE RAMS?!

I guess the ad did its job? I remember the company. But I sure am not going to go buy a Ram because of that!
But you weren't in the market for a Ram Truck anyway.  :laugh:

Also I Wouldn't be surprised if the king family will want to get paid some royalties over that ad and future sales-
The King "estate" blessed it off, but I don't know what, if any, advertising royalties they're entitled to.

Oh my gosh, yes. HOW THE HECK WAS THAT RELEVANT TO DODGE RAMS?!

I guess the ad did its job? I remember the company. But I sure am not going to go buy a Ram because of that!
I read the statement from the King family.  Apparently, the ad wasn't for Ram trucks per se, but a volunteer organization of Ram truck owners that roll into disaster areas and help rebuild communities.  That was obviously not well detailed in the commercial, so the whole thing came off as racial appropriation.  The King Estate had creative input and they approved the final commercial, so I'd say they are just as much at fault as Fiat Chrysler. 

I loved all the Tide commercials mocking superbowl commercials too.  But I have a weird sense of humor.   The half time show sucked until the Prince tribute then went back to sucky.  Not sure why he went back up into the stands to stop with that kid in particular...unless it was some part of a make-a-wish wish?  

I guess I just didn't get it

And to the folks ups pet about the "prince tribute" I remember when prince played the half time show and he sucked - tried to play some new shit no one wanted to hear..

living most of my life in Atlanta, the King Children are known to be pretty much worthless and will use any opportunity they can to make money off their fathers name, so I don't have any doubt they agreed to the ad pending some type of payment to them (their foundation).  There was a big story a decade or so ago where they wouldn't release some of their fathers papers to the National Archives without making some money off of it..

Looks like the patriots will keep McDaniel's, and a big LOL to the Colts
not-sure-if-serious-or-just-joshing.jpg

I guess it's serious.  It seems McDaniel is the heir apparent to the Pats coaching job and Belichick may be ready to retire in the not too distant future.

Latest posts

Back