NFL 2014

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This should be fun to watch a billionaire be told what to do.......

and I think by and large most people don't think this is a problem....

I would suspect that pretty soon all players in the league will be signing an indemnity clause against the NFL, teams, doctors, etc. for the right to play and practice.

They should have been doing so for a long time now. I will take $30Million to get in the ring with Tyson, knowing I'll probably talk funny for the rest of my life, but I will still willingly do it. I SHOULD NOT be allowed to come back after spending all my money and try to sue for more. I know the dangers

The issue with concussion awareness is not at the pro level or even really at the college level, it's the kids in pee-wee, junior high, and high school who look to the pros and college level for guidance. There they will see poor technique (hits instead of tackles), inadequate equipment (especially for developing heads/brains), and players "walking it off" and "toughing it out" when they are clearly injured. Combine all of this with typically underfunded programs (poorly trained coaches, non-existent medical staff, inadequate equipment, etc) and you're setting these kids up for disaster before they even have the chance of making the big money.

There's a reason most NFL "stars" don't let their kids play...

As President of our local Youth Football Organization, I'd say we are more prepared than you'd think. We have medical professionals, each team has a Dr. and/or certified EMT, ALL of our staff is first aid trained. We all attend concussion awareness/recognition seminars, and have top of the line equipment. I just received quotes for the helmet impact monitoring system that records intensity of impact FOR OUR PEE WEE AND MIDGETS. Although I don't think it's developed enough to be a proven safeguard so I'm not on board with it yet.

But with that being said, the sport has it's possibilities of danger (as does ALL sports) and if a player and/or parent aren't comfortable with that, then they need to play soccer. We don't want the player who is too timid or the parent who is too worried/protective. The kid who is afraid to get injured always seems to be the one who does.

Wisconsin Attitude

One day, a very gentle and elderly Wisconsin
lady was driving across the high bridge in Green Bay.

As she neared the top of the bridge, she
noticed a young man ready to jump.

She stopped her car, rolled down the window
and said, "Please don't jump! Think of your dear
mother and father."

He replied, "My mom is dead; Don’t know

who my dad was……. I'm going to jump."
She said, "Well, think of your sweet wife and
precious children."

He replied, "I'm not married, and I don't have any
kids."

She said, "Well, then you just remember Vince
Lombardi, the Green Bay Packers and the Wisconsin
Badgers.

He replied, ''Why ? I am a Chicago Bear and
Fighting Illini fan. "

She replied, ‘’Well, bless your heart! - You
just go ahead and jump you little *******... You're
holding up traffic !”

this thread has been quiet?

Good to see Johnny Football getting off to a good start!

My only real am sports radio option is the espn mike and mike show, jesus Christ they are terrible...

Yes good to see that football is gearing up again. Always get pumped for the season start.

I'm probably going to create both a pick 'em league and a survivor league if anyone is interested. Probably just for bragging rights but I suppose those interested could do like a $5 or $10 buy-in or whatever.

This just in - Geno Smith is f*cking terrible.

this thread has been quiet?

Good to see Johnny Football getting off to a good start!

My only real am sports radio option is the espn mike and mike show, jesus Christ they are terrible...

Just heard the quote last night that prompted Manschmell to flip off the Washington bench. "You're not in college anymore, and these people are faster than you are."

I love it. I also love the fact that now that he's playing, they are actually comparing his actual abilities to other NFL quarterbacks. They noted that he's smaller and slower than RG3, and that even RG3 can't run like he thought he was going to be able to. They then rambled off a slew of other quarterbacks that were comparable in speed, but were bigger and stronger than him, and none of them were particularly successful runners in the NFL.

I'm hoping that after the first few games of the season, he either fades into oblivion as a Brady Quinn-esque backup, or gets put in for the hell of it (since they're the Browns), and is demolished by the D line in front of him.

It was announced this morning that he will be the back-up once the season starts. That makes me happy.

With any luck, bumped to third string courtesy of Shaw...

c1d4d2b7e176ecdb2b6acba5a0549d41.jpg

Sam Bradford likely done 2nd season ending knee injury....

Im not following the pre-season that close but it seems like there are a lot of injuries? just hearing snippets on the news..

Pack lost their starting nose tackle Raji. Other than that I thought they looked really good. Lacy is a machine...

Last edited by a moderator:
Perhaps today is a good day for the ban hammer...

I forget which team you even support.

Sam Bradford likely done 2nd season ending knee injury....

Im not following the pre-season that close but it seems like there are a lot of injuries? just hearing snippets on the news..
yeah when i heard that this morning I said the same thing...he's done or at the very least his salary will be dropping in the future.

I remember hearing about lots of injuries too. Maybe the guys are hurting themselves more trying to play in accordance with the stupid new rules that are suppose to prevent injuries.

Perhaps today is a good day for the ban hammer...

I forget which team you even support.
The team that knocked from the playoffs enroute to not one but two superbowl runs.

NFC_championship_Giants_beat_49ers.jpg

historywapg-vertical.jpg

maybe these will help refresh the memory...

Back