NEW YORK - RESULTS

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They just had coffee and breakfast and then they added 088153. Hope they work good up to lunch now.

Weird.. I just talked to the State and they said we should receive results DIRECTLY from CASTLE Worldwide within the next two weeks. They said they do not get results until we get them. I'm thoroughly confused now... I may just induce myself into a coma for the next two weeks.

Weird.. I just talked to the State and they said we should receive results DIRECTLY from CASTLE Worldwide within the next two weeks. They said they do not get results until we get them. I'm thoroughly confused now... I may just induce myself into a coma for the next two weeks.
Update -- Spoke to CASTLE and they confirmed that they send directly to us. They said result distribution would not be affected by a shutdown as results are coming directly to us from them.

This raises the question.. how is the state posting new licenses online?? Has anyone gotten a letter from CASTLE yet?

Dear Mapes: You probably got the wrong information. It's not possible that NY State does not have the results. Look at online license numbers 088143 thru 088155 uploaded by NYS Dept. of Education. They are all from April 2010 exams and user JOECAN here on this forum is the one who confirms that since his name is already there.

They are up to 155! Just to clarify: the results are coordinated by Castle. Castle sends them to the State, and then the state reviews them. The State then gives the OK for Castle to mail the results. Since I'm a veteran at this, the envelope size is similar for both, but the Pass envelope is really thin. The fail envelope has about 3 sheets of paper (your analysis and fail letter and take this exam again letter).

Sometimes you'll get the results on the NYS website first, sometimes they are a week or two behind so just because your name is not on the website does not mean you failed. Although, I always hope for my name to show up so there's no doubt when I look in the mailbox.

Dear Mapes: You probably got the wrong information. It's not possible that NY State does not have the results. Look at online license numbers 088143 thru 088155 uploaded by NYS Dept. of Education. They are all from April 2010 exams and user JOECAN here on this forum is the one who confirms that since his name is already there.

I understand that and I am not denying that they are posting new licenses...I am just confused (understatement of the year) how they are as the both the state AND castle said that castle mails results directly. The only thing I can think is that castle started sending out letters, they copy the state, the state receives the letter and posts license online. By that theory, JOECAN should be receiving a letter any day.

If there were a government shut down then we would all still receive letters however online verification will be delayed..

Mapes, you may have encountered a disgruntled state worker who likes to torture engineers :)

I failed past 2 times and both the times I was chasing the online posting and on an average state posted about only 10 to 15 licenses daily. Furthermore online posting is not done alphabetically. They are very slow in online posting so we all are better off waiting for the mail results.

I understand that and I am not denying that they are posting new licenses...I am just confused (understatement of the year) how they are as the both the state AND castle said that castle mails results directly. The only thing I can think is that castle started sending out letters, they copy the state, the state receives the letter and posts license online. By that theory, JOECAN should be receiving a letter any day.

If there were a government shut down then we would all still receive letters however online verification will be delayed..

My pass letter for the FE was is addressed from:

The University of the State of New York

New York State Education Department

Division of Professional Licensing Services

Based on this, I would say the results do not come from Castle, but from New York State (unless they've changed it). That letter is from the April, 2007 FE exam.

Surprising..........My PE FAIL Diagnostics report came on NCEES letterhead. I do not know if it was mailed by Castle, State or NCEES.

Based on this, I would say the results do not come from Castle, but from New York State (unless they've changed it). That letter is from the April, 2007 FE exam.

The envelope have Castle Worldwide on the left hand corner. I received them twice. (Pass the second time)

Mapes, you may have encountered a disgruntled state worker who likes to torture engineers :)
Perhaps, but can you blame them from being disgruntled? Our government is a circus right now. I feel horrible for all those workers that have to put up with this nonsense.

I understand that Mapes........But you and I are Engineers....They have all our personal information in their system....Do you think it should take lets say one worker the whole day to post 15 licensees?

Perhaps, but can you blame them from being disgruntled? Our government is a circus right now. I feel horrible for all those workers that have to put up with this nonsense.

Latest posts

Back