NCEES

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you go to the website ncees.org it states that they will be on holiday the 24th and 27th, returning the 28th. We'll see results in 2011 baby!
My thoughts exactly. I just posted this in the IL forum.

You never know. they can surprise everyone by posting it tommorrow as they have already posted surveying results.
Yes and thats great if you get results from NCEES but my results have to go to our testing board and then be posted. =(

If you go to the website ncees.org it states that they will be on holiday the 24th and 27th, returning the 28th. We'll see results in 2011 baby!

You never know. they can surprise everyone by posting it tommorrow as they have already posted surveying results.
Yes and thats great if you get results from NCEES but my results have to go to our testing board and then be posted. =(
But I think that might be changing this time as it will be available on the NCEES website as part of their streamling process.

But I think that might be changing this time as it will be available on the NCEES website as part of their streamling process.
For IL??? I don't think so, it says NCEES does not release results for this board, I think CTS will have our results.

This time the results will be available for the new year 2011. Is sad but is the true.

... and what about the Jewish people? and kawnza? and taoists? and hindu? and all the other religions? Do you think it's fair to ask them to wait longer ...

Easy, there. Everybody is on edge.

Well, that IS where all the fun is, MIG.
You know what? For those who pass it's going to be great news and even more reason to celebrate this week. But for those who fail and find out this close to Christmas it's gonna ruin their holiday. Why not just hope the results come in next Monday and everyone forget about them until then. Remember the reason for the season, celebrate the birth of Christ and enjoy the holiday with your loved ones.

As the wife of an unemployed civil engineer (15 months as of today), I personally don't want to see him any more depressed that he already is if he fails the test; especially on Christmas.
Sorry to hear about your husband situation Kathy. Hope he gets good news before Christmas.

Back to MIG point, as valid as it is, he is missing the part that states that we are human with emotions. Here we are, after taking one of the most important steps in our careers, waiting 8~10 weeks for a test result that a machine grades. NCEES can give any excuses and reasons and I am darn sure will be valid but that is little consolation for the ones waiting. I was there once and feel for the ones waiting now. We make jokes and fake threads but it is part of the process.

Now, NCEES has been in control of this testing process for how many years? 1? 5? 10? 20? and other than more and more calculator restrictions and test formats there are no changes. Just for general knowledge...How long did it take before it was a scantron based test? 8 to 10 weeks right? Why is always closer to the 10 weeks end?

In my opinion the Gods at Mount Columbia, SC have lost contact with the people they say they serve. I think they can do better than this. At least keep the people informed, really informed, not the generic computer generated response.

For the ones still waiting, best wishes for all of you but as Dleg said, let us keep having fun. Keep ranting and bashing NCEES.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back to MIG point, as valid as it is, he is missing the part that states that we are human with emotions. Here we are, after taking one of the most important steps in our careers, waiting 8~10 weeks for a test result that a machine grades.
So, engineers really are human? :D

Back to MIG point, as valid as it is, he is missing the part that states that we are human with emotions. Here we are, after taking one of the most important steps in our careers, waiting 8~10 weeks for a test result that a machine grades.
So, engineers really are human? :D
Not all of us. I am not...remember? 1/1000000

You know what? For those who pass it's going to be great news and even more reason to celebrate this week. But for those who fail and find out this close to Christmas it's gonna ruin their holiday. Why not just hope the results come in next Monday and everyone forget about them until then. Remember the reason for the season, celebrate the birth of Christ and enjoy the holiday with your loved ones.

As the wife of an unemployed civil engineer (15 months as of today), I personally don't want to see him any more depressed that he already is if he fails the test; especially on Christmas.
Good point. I found out I failed April's test on my birthday...I don't want my Christmas to be ruined now as well!

IT'S MY TEST RESULTS AND I WANT THEM NOW!!!!! :blowup:

Just saw the JG Wentworth commercial and it inspired me to join the temper tantrums... :D

I'll go back to waiting now...lol

Good point. I found out I failed April's test on my birthday...I don't want my Christmas to be ruined now as well!

That's easy to solve... Don't open the email untill after Christmas!

Assuming results come out before then....if they do I doubt I'll have the strength to put off seeing them any longer!

Assuming results come out before then....if they do I doubt I'll have the strength to put off seeing them any longer!

I just hope NCEES update their website stating "Guys, concentrate on your work. We are working on the results and it will be released on Dec -- or Jan -- " rather than updating their website with " We are closed on the 24th till 27th"

I just hope NCEES update their website stating "Guys, concentrate on your work. We are working on the results and it will be released on Dec -- or Jan -- " rather than updating their website with " We are closed on the 24th till 27th"

Priorities....

I just called the GA Board and they told me they have not received my scores yet!!. Has somebody any idea what is happening?

Apparently IL (well continental testing service) has the results in hand from NCEES.

Last edited by a moderator:
OK,

now that all of the criticism of NCEES has died down, I'll take my turn at complaining about something.

but first, I'd like to invite everyone on this thread that was going through that anxiety of waiting (It's brutal, I've been there) and was ready to burn NCEES to the ground, I invite you to come back in this thread in one year and explain your take on it at that point. I think it will be interesting.

OK, on to my NCEES rant......

[RANT]

Here at EB.com, every test taking season, we post threads about the color of the pencil. It's a fun, light-hearted way of spurring conversation about the test between current test takers and former test takers. But, within each of those threads, there is always something that comes to light that bothers me considerably. SOME TEST LOCATIONS DO NOT ALLOW TEST TAKERS TO KEEP THEIR PENCILS. THIS IS WRONG. I think it is terrible that the majority of us on here get to keep our pencils as a souvenir, as a conversation piece to be displayed in our office. One member here at EB.com had his professionally framed with the state PE license. That is awesome.

The fact that some PE candidates are not given that opportunity is a shame.

NCEES, if you're reading this; please make an effort to 'encourage' all test locations to let those test takers have the opportunity to 'take a little something' from the experience. If it's too much to ask, I'd be willing to bet that most test takers wouldn't mind an additional 50 cents added to the exam fee to ensure the souvenir pencil can be obtained.

[/RANT]

Latest posts

Back