Made in the USA

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The snow blower I have:

header-logo.png

Apparently World's Finest Chocolate is made is USA too. Just picked up two boxes to sell.
I used to sell that stuff as a kid, always cracked me up because it had a $1 coupon on the wrapper for burger king and we charged $1 per bar. My sales pitch would be, want a free candy bar with the purchase of a coupon?

Apparently World's Finest Chocolate is made is USA too. Just picked up two boxes to sell.
I used to sell that stuff as a kid, always cracked me up because it had a $1 coupon on the wrapper for burger king and we charged $1 per bar. My sales pitch would be, want a free candy bar with the purchase of a coupon?
$2 now, and not just candy bars. Variety of chocolate candies, chocolate covered almonds, and some chocolate bars.

Last edited by a moderator:
Speaking of electronics:

ATI amplifiers are made in the USA . I have had one driving my home theater now for 13 years, flawlessly. It cannot be be over-driven. A great amp: http://www.ati-amp.com/home.php

Unfortunately, my speakers (NHT) and subwoofers (Velodyne), which are excellent and were made in the USA , are now manufactured elsewhere, from what I understand. There are plenty of companies though that still make speakers and subwoofers in the USA .

My surround processor is supposedly designed in the USA (Outlaw Audio), and then manufactured elsewhere (China or Korea - not sure).

I also have a titanium frame road bike frame from the US, but all the components are Japanese. That's about it, though. I used to be very careful to find quality stuff that was made in the US, but it became too hard, and all my favorites (see above) decided they couldn't compete, either, so I just gave up.

Speaking of electronics:

ATI amplifiers are made in the USA . I have had one driving my home theater now for 13 years, flawlessly. It cannot be be over-driven. A great amp: http://www.ati-amp.com/home.php

Unfortunately, my speakers (NHT) and subwoofers (Velodyne), which are excellent and were made in the USA , are now manufactured elsewhere, from what I understand. There are plenty of companies though that still make speakers and subwoofers in the USA .

My surround processor is supposedly designed in the USA (Outlaw Audio), and then manufactured elsewhere (China or Korea - not sure).

I also have a titanium frame road bike frame from the US, but all the components are Japanese. That's about it, though. I used to be very careful to find quality stuff that was made in the US, but it became too hard, and all my favorites (see above) decided they couldn't compete, either, so I just gave up.

A fellow audiophile, I see!

I wonder if the "made in America" labels are actually made in America, or are outsourced to China...

I have the EZ-Duz-It can opener. Super basic, made in America. This thing is the ONLY can opener I have ever had last. Solid feel, easy to turn, and no wobbly, dull cutting wheels, stripped gears, or rivets backing out of the gear assemblies.

Speaking of electronics:

My ATI amp almost burned down my house. I had it cranked one night, the music started crackling and both of my cats ran out of the room. Soon I realized why as smoke was pouring out of the entertainment center. And I don't mean a couple wisps of smoke, but enough to fill the house. I ran and grabbed the fire extinguisher but ended up just unplugging it. After several hours of airing out the house (which wasn't fun because it was below freezing outside) I opened it up and found the fuse was not blown but a bunch of the output transistors were fried and the circuit board was charred. Fortunately I was home and hadn't stepped out to go to the store or something because I wouldn't be surprised if it could have caught the house on fire if left unchecked, as it was in a wood entertainment center. I believe the cooling fan failed as the previous owned had had some issues with the fan, but the amp had no other failsafe. It was not UL listed.

I would definitely recommend against ever buying anything from ATI.

On the other hand, I love my old Velodyne subwoofer. USA

I think my AIWA receiver was made in the US. I bought it in the late 90's.

Back