Made in the USA

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ha! I just came across this, it made me lol. :D

picdump-1106-26.jpg

I built a traffic management center back in Marietta, with fed funding, it was really difficult to find any electronics components that met the buy america clause, luckily we made out percentage, only cause we did a failry large change order to do a ton of landscaping around the building, and by god concrete, asphalt, plants, and monkey grass are F'n American!

60% of all clothing in our house is made in America... then again, that 60% is either green, brown or a combination of both.

90% of our camping gear is made in America.. then again, it's all either Army issue or was purchased at the eureka factory outlet I grew up near.

All the dishes are made in America... both Fiestaware and Corningware are...

sorry but I waited long enough to post this:

>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGQaH3-LK54

Construction wise, Simpson Strong-Tie is mostly produced here in the US. That's one reason I specify them.

Personally, though, I tend to not be too worried about buying American made goods. Most food I buy is local; most books I buy are US manufactured. Electronics I buy what I need without worrying about - the only electronics company on my banned list is Sony.

Clothing? I pretty much only buy that from foreign sources. Why? Because Women's clothing made in America rarely correctly fits me. It's like they assume there aren't any women over 6'1" - even tall sizes are generally a bit short.

Vehicle? When I bought my current car, I was dead broke and bought the cheapest new car I would fit in (Kia Spectra). Depending on budget and availability of refuel stations, my next car will be a) another Kia, b) a Tesla, or c) a hydrogen-based vehicle.

Mystery ranch backpacks and kifaru packs and tipis. Made in Montana (MR) and Colorado (kifaru)

Links

www.mysteryranch.com

www.kifaru.net

Last edited by a moderator:
Bought WD40 this weekend. Yup, "Made in the USA ."

Aren't we importing a bunch of power from Canada now?

Aren't we importing a bunch of power from Canada now?

No, in 2012 the US consumed about 3.9 billion MWh and had net imports of about 59 million MWh. So 98.5% of our electricity comes from the US.

My import(yota tundra) is made in Texas.

my american ford (fusion) was made in Mexico

The little sticker in the corner of the windshield claims my F150 was made in Kansas City.

As far as I know, all of the F150 production is done in either Kansas City or Dearborn.

I have three children were all made in Georgia, however one or two of them they have been induced by a Mexican product Tequila!

I have three children were all made in Georgia, however one or two of them they have been induced by a Mexican product Tequila!
good call. Two of mine are a product of wine and I think it's California wine. The other was vodka

Back