Let the Games BEGIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah! Well worth skipping the exam for, since I got married a week before the exam.  My mom suggested that I just go in all ~relaxed~ and take the exam ~just for fun~ after the wedding, and I was like, ARE YOU JOKING? My husband would have broken up with me before we made it down the aisle.  :D Plus that would be the equivalent of taking the money for exam registration and tossing it out a window.
My fiance (boyfriend at the time) told me, upon me failing a second time, that I should try not studying at all for my third try. I am pretty sure I laughed at him!

It will never be easier to take the exam than it is right now.  If kids are in your future, studying achieves another level of hell.
I was a few years older than traditional students when I finished my Masters, so I was studying this go around with a 2.5 year old and a 3 month old at home.  Definitely felt like father of the year because I was never there :mellow:

It will never be easier to take the exam than it is right now.  If kids are in your future, studying achieves another level of hell.
I have to second that! Kids bring a whole new set of obstacles. I had two while I was in school and now I have four.

I was a few years older than traditional students when I finished my Masters, so I was studying this go around with a 2.5 year old and a 3 month old at home.  Definitely felt like father of the year because I was never there :mellow:
I may have a decade or so on you.  The baby/toddler thing is all-consuming.  Buy wife chocolate and wine.  The good news is apparently they go through a neural network trimming about the age of 3yo, thus no conscious memories of those years.  This "fact" may be old, like me, and is a marvelous rationalization/relief for parents!

I wouldn't say the kids create obstacles, because they also had to endure us not being there while we're studying and cramming for the exam.  I hope that I pass this exam this time around so I can go back to dedicating my time with my family.  I studied mostly at work and late at night so i did not lose too much quality time, but my mind was definitely somewhere else during exam sessions.  

I wouldn't say the kids create obstacles, because they also had to endure us not being there while we're studying and cramming for the exam.  I hope that I pass this exam this time around so I can go back to dedicating my time with my family.  I studied mostly at work and late at night so i did not lose too much quality time, but my mind was definitely somewhere else during exam sessions.  
Your kids are going to grow up appreciating the sacrifices you made.  My dad went to college at night a good chunk of my childhood.  Now as an adult, I don't remember all the time he spent on papers and homework; I just really appreciate all the hard work and sacrifices he made for us.  

I may have a decade or so on you.  The baby/toddler thing is all-consuming.  Buy wife chocolate and wine.  The good news is apparently they go through a neural network trimming about the age of 3yo, thus no conscious memories of those years.  This "fact" may be old, like me, and is a marvelous rationalization/relief for parents!
It's good to know that they won't remember these younger years! Mine are 10, 7, 3 y/o twins, so maybe I haven't damaged the twins too badly. For the other two I guess it's still up in the air...we'll see how they turn out.

You are a ninja - wow and hats off!
Thank you!

My kids are still young, but we had an enlightning moment right before the April exam.  My oldest 7yr old son said "daddy you will pass your test tomorrow" right before he went to bed.  Hopefully, he gave me enough luck so that I can get a few more points to pass the exam this time.  If my kids were a little older I might have asked them to help me study by asking questions.  On second thought that might be considered punishment :)

I still don't know what game we are playing here.  

SPAM SPAM SPAM 

F5 F5 FLjdslkjkldfslakfjkl F5

I guess nothing happening today either

I still don't know what game we are playing here.  

SPAM SPAM SPAM 

F5 F5 FLjdslkjkldfslakfjkl F5

I guess nothing happening today either
Game of Thrones

Hunger Games 

Survival of the Fittest 

The waiting game

Anxiety Attack

Death pool

And So on..... 

Game of Thrones new season still not out

I might start watching Hunger Games

For me it is GoT and I'm  Hot Pie . I have no claim to the throne I just want to fed and feed people

Does it count effort wise if I was studying in the delivery room of the hospital (yes this was for my own child)?

brace-yourself-exam-lan5pq.jpg

Back