KANSAS - RESULTS Oct 2010

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Still nothing for us. (just trying to get my post count up...)

So, I live in Kansas, but I took the test in California. (since they let you take it there after 2 years of experience) I just wanted to say I'm pulling for all of you! Hopefully I will get my California results soon.

So, I live in Kansas, but I took the test in California. (since they let you take it there after 2 years of experience) I just wanted to say I'm pulling for all of you! Hopefully I will get my California results soon.
So Does the KSBTP let you become a PE if you pass it in another state without having the 4 years exp or other reqs

So Does the KSBTP let you become a PE if you pass it in another state without having the 4 years exp or other reqs
OK, so the short answer is: I don't know.

When I signed up for the test, I thought Kansas would approve reciprocity once I get my 4 years of experience. (so I would have to wait 2 more years..really 1.5) This is how I interpreted it when I originally looked into it on the KSBTP website. I also had other people tell me that they were able to get reciprocity from California with this same method I am taking.

But then in September I had a coworker send me a section that made it sound like they wouldn't approve my receiprocity if I took the test before my 4 years of experience. Since I already signed up for the test and bought the plane tickets, I really just wanted to ignore that and take the test anyway. So, I didn't look into it any deeper.

You know, I figure a Kansas PE wouldn't really help me at this stage in my career. Everyone in my office has a Kansas PE, but nobody has a California PE. If Kansas won't allow reciprocity I will cross that bridge when I come to it.

I had a horrible horrible nightmare last night about taking the test again only to get up to use the restroom without raising my hand....which made my test void...I hope they release results soon.

i actually drempt that i passedlast night.
I had same dream 3 month ago
Here's what I posted in another thread:

Analyze this: I had a dream last night that I got results. It was a pdf and my results were handwritten in pencil. My score was 120, and it said 'you passed, barely'. Really? Barely passed with 120? I obviously saw the extra credit problems at the back of the test booklet.

Analyze this: I had a dream last night that I got results. It was a pdf and my results were handwritten in pencil. My score was 120, and it said 'you passed, barely'. Really? Barely passed with 120? I obviously saw the extra credit problems at the back of the test booklet.
I dreamt that I failed, but only because I got off on the scantron half way through the test and didn't notice. That's my biggest fear!

I dreamt that I failed, but only because I got off on the scantron half way through the test and didn't notice. That's my biggest fear!
I've also recently had thoughts about incorrectly filling in the answers. I've convinced myself that the only way I didn't pass is if this happened. :)

Most states will let you pay them to manually check your scantron if you think you messed up filling it out...however, Kansas does not do this.

KSBTP has updated their website to notify the mailing of the FE results to examinees, but with tomorrow's date...

Per the NCEES and KSBTP websites:

NCEES mailed the Surveyor results to KSBTP on Dec 16, KSBTP mailed to examinees on Dec 21.

NCEES mailed the FE results to KSBTP on Dec 22, KSBTP mailed to examinees on Dec 29.

Perhaps this gives an idea on how fast the KSBTP will turn around the PE results once received by the NCEES... all signs point to next year.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just want to know if the Dec.29th is listed there cause they don't know it's the 28th or if they are actually mailing the FE results out on the 29th

It seems NCEES has mailed the PE results to the state boards. Anyone want to call the KSBTP and ask how soon we can expect results to be mailed? Or if the roster data search will be updated before we receive the results by mail?:
http://www.accesskansas.org/roster-search/index.html
"21195" seems to be the next available license number per the roster search... unfortunately, it looks like the database is only updated on a nightly basis...

I just want to know if the Dec.29th is listed there cause they don't know it's the 28th or if they are actually mailing the FE results out on the 29th
I think they actually know what date they will mail these out.

KSBTP has been about a week behind NCEES for both PS and FE.

Latest posts

Back