I'm thinking ... it will be June 17th

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was told it would be Friday after memorial day
By Dark Knight? Cuz, then you might have some cred... :joke:

Except for last time...one of the longest, most agonizing, excruciating waits, ever...

Oh well, at least I'm not waiting this time!

Last edited by a moderator:
I was told it would be Friday after memorial day
By Dark Knight? Cuz, then you might have some cred... :joke:

Except for last time...one of the longest, most agonizing, excruciating waits, ever...

Oh well, at least I'm not waiting this time!
Yea that was a painful wait. Probably go down in the record books as the longest wait ever. Just glad I don't have to deal with that again although the celebrating part was fun!

From the research I have done, the earliest states to release their results from the October test did so on the same day which NCEES reported in their news that they released the test results to the state boards. The release date for both NCEES to the boards and from the states to the examinees was 12/29/10.

Exhibit A: http://ncees.org/About_NCEES/News/News_Pag...exam_scores.php

Exhibit B: http://engineerboards.com/index.php?showto...4352&st=100

Also, from Exhibit B, the PE results were released from NCEES a week after the FE results. So, the FE results happened Monday. http://ncees.org/About_NCEES/News/News_Pag...exam_scores.php

So, living in Montana, I may have my results on Monday...

@ 'MT jakers'

Definitely the most logical prediction of PE Exam dates so far. Clearly, Montana engineers are some of the best, but then again i live in the 406 too, so my opinion may be biased. Cheers.

I just received an e-mail from the School of PE saying that the results are out in Florida. I took the course in Florida but the exam in Georgia so I don't know if this is true or not. The e-mail is below:

Subject Line: "PE Exam Results in Florida"

Email:

"It has come to our attention that Exam results for April 2011 exam are now out in Florida. We assume that you have received your Exam results by this time. We have received e-mails from some students who have attended our classes in several states about their results. Please let us know the outcome, if you have already received your results.

You can submit the outcome by clicking on the link provided at the bottom of this e-mail. If you have any difficulty clicking on this link, please simply reply to this e-mail by identifying the outcome.

Thanks in advance for responding to this e-mail.

Regards,

Radhika

Radhika Reddy

Program Administrator

School of PE

Please copy and paste the link given below in your browser to submit your Exam Result"

Anyone know if this is true?

Perhaps Florida beat Georgia to the punch this time. Anyone take the test in Florida on this forum? If you did, check your NCEES account NOW. :) Thank you.

Chat convo with NCEES:

"me: Have the April '11 PE results been released in FL?

Just a moment...

Support Agent: no they have not been released anywhere

me: Is NCEES releasing the results to the states today?

Support Agent: no we are not

me: Do you have a date set for results release? Or, if not, a week?

Support Agent: just the 8 - 10 weeks

me: Thank you-"

True. But how in the world do they make a critical spelling error like that? Argggggghhhhhh :brickwall:

Today is day 44.

For the April 2010 exam:

Day 46 was Louisiana, Michigan and Montana

Day 47 was Arizona, Florida, Vermont, Washington

Day 48 was Alaska, Arkansas, Indiana, New Mexico, Ohio

Day 49 was Alabama, Idaho, Illinois, South Carolina, West Virginia

That pretty much rounds out this week. In April 2010, Iowa (where I am) was day 83. We'll see how much the new-to-Iowa "electronic notification" really speeds up the process.

I was trying to be optimistic and go by the October tests results in relation to the NCEES News Update... I feel like I'm trying to predict the rapture... :holyness:

Today is day 44.
For the April 2010 exam:

Day 46 was Louisiana, Michigan and Montana

Day 47 was Arizona, Florida, Vermont, Washington

Day 48 was Alaska, Arkansas, Indiana, New Mexico, Ohio

Day 49 was Alabama, Idaho, Illinois, South Carolina, West Virginia

That pretty much rounds out this week. In April 2010, Iowa (where I am) was day 83. We'll see how much the new-to-Iowa "electronic notification" really speeds up the process.

I made that mistake of going by the Apr 2010 results and got totally disappointed. The Oct 2010 results turned out to be the longest wait ever for most states. Something to do with their "streamlined" process improvement.

So, this is the day (numerically, not calendar date) that the April 2010 PE results came out in Louisiana last year. The Tuesday of the 7th week following the exam. Probably doesn't mean anything, but certainly worth noting.

Side question: Here in Louisiana you get notified by an e-mail from NCEES that your results are ready. You click the link in the e-mail and it takes to you to the NCEES login page. Once you login, you click another link and they shoot you another e-mail with your results. The e-mail they sent me for the April 2010 exam had 2 attachments. One was "PE Exam Results" and the other was titled "PE Fail". Does everyone (those that passed & failed) get both attachments (the "PE Fail" attachement is just generic instructions on retesting) or just those that fail. I'm curious if I know if I can tell my results by the number of attachments in the e-mail NCEES sends me.

Thanks everyone!

April 2010 was the fastest return NCEES has ever done to my knowledge. On the flipside, Oct. 2010 was one of the longest... at least since they started emailing the results.

I looked back and the average return is 55 days or more depending on the state (55 in FL, AZ, WA, etc..).

Therefore, those of us in FL can be hopeful for the range of 47-55 days in an ideal world. That would slate the release for sometime between tomorrow, May 25th and next Wed., June 1st.

I'm hoping that they release them before this Fri. but chances are, NCEES workers will want to leave early Fri. to enjoy the long weekand and won't want us pestering them with questions about the results and subsiquent score releases.... thereby postponing it to next Tuesday or Wed.....

That's my 2 cents :waiting: :tardbang:

Nahh. I don't think they will come out until after Memorial Day weekend. Maybe next Tuesday. Too many factors this week (board member vacations/office closings/etc.).

In another thread, someone has compiled a spreadsheet with PE Result Release dates since 05 (Doesn't have last October 2010) but 46 days is the shortest wait time yet for the quickest states, like MT. I doesn't appear results have been released in May before either, but then again, 4/8 is an earlier test date than any of the data has.

I'm hoping for this Friday May 27. (Day 48) but the average wait is 53.5 days since 2005 which would but us at June 1 or 2. We'll see i guess.

Use the link below to look at the data yourself. (What a bunch of nerds we are...)

Result Wait Times Since 05

Side question: Here in Louisiana you get notified by an e-mail from NCEES that your results are ready. You click the link in the e-mail and it takes to you to the NCEES login page. Once you login, you click another link and they shoot you another e-mail with your results. The e-mail they sent me for the April 2010 exam had 2 attachments. One was "PE Exam Results" and the other was titled "PE Fail". Does everyone (those that passed & failed) get both attachments (the "PE Fail" attachement is just generic instructions on retesting) or just those that fail. I'm curious if I know if I can tell my results by the number of attachments in the e-mail NCEES sends me.
Thanks everyone!
Ooooh, interesting question, LSUgolfer23. I'm interested in hearing from those that passed, if they got the "PE Fail" attachment.

I took the FE in April 2010 (WA State), and I went through the same "click the link" procedure to get my results as you described above. I passed, and only received one attachment from NCEES, a PDF called "pass_fail_letter_for_####". I didn't get a letter with generic retesting instructions. I may be comparing apples to oranges here because this was the FE test after all, but I thought I'd throw that out there.

Good luck everyone! I'm so nervous!

Back