ILLINOIS - RESULTS

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As I sit here on the 58th day of waiting for PE results, the banner scrolls along with the names of members that passed the FE. I mean no disrepect to the new EIT's (congrats to them), but I can't help but wonder why their results are out before the PE's? There's 180 questions on the FE compared to 80 on the PE! Not to mention that in IL the PE is given on Friday while the FE is Saturday. Less questions and more time to grade them? What gives? Any other thoughts on this?:screwloose:
Good points. I know in CO the FE is given on Saturday too. I wonder which test has more examinees?
FE by lots and lots
I kind of assumed the FE was more folks. Makes no logical sense then that those results would be out faster than the PE results.

I wonder if CTS is updating their database for IL. I got this message when I looked up at the CTS site.

No record found. Please check your information. Status get updated every 24 hours.

The suspense is killing me.

I wonder if CTS is updating their database for IL. I got this message when I looked up at the CTS site.
No record found. Please check your information. Status get updated every 24 hours.

I just got the exact same thing. Come on CTS, you can do it! lol

x3... Also, it appears at least three of us tried to log in within the last five minutes. Surprised?

x3... Also, it appears at least three of us tried to log in within the last five minutes. Surprised?
I just got the same message!

I just got the same message!
just noticed this too.....sigh

As I sit here on the 58th day of waiting for PE results, the banner scrolls along with the names of members that passed the FE. I mean no disrepect to the new EIT's (congrats to them), but I can't help but wonder why their results are out before the PE's? There's 180 questions on the FE compared to 80 on the PE! Not to mention that in IL the PE is given on Friday while the FE is Saturday. Less questions and more time to grade them? What gives? Any other thoughts on this?:screwloose:
Think of how many different variations of the test are given out for the PE. Each morning session is discipline specific and then there are two or three different depth modules for each discipline in the afternoon. For the FE there is only one morning test for everyone and what 4 or 5 afternoon tests. So while there may be many more people that take the FE and more questions there are fewer tests to standardize.

Update!!!

I just tried checking on the cts website and it says "No record found, please check again later, website gets updated every 24 hours" where as before it gave me the page with the info. It is also running a lot slower,,,, hopefully a sign that they are uploading the results. Anybody else try checking?

Finally got past the "No record found" error... and still no results.

**edit: What he said ^^

Last edited by a moderator:
A lot of activity today, thought I would move IL up the list... :eek:ldtimer:

Back