ILLINOIS - RESULTS

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was having issues logging into CTS so I called ... She fixed my login issue and informed me that results were just received from NCEES and we should expect results to be posted to CTS "within" two weeks. The results will be posted online immediately before results are snail mailed.
I'm confused... I thought NCEES would have to send the results to IDFPR for validation. Or has that already been done?
IL doesn't validate per se. NCEES sends results to CTS, CTS updates their website, sends out letters and sends names to state to add to their database so they can send the license.

The board will accept the new PEs at a meeting sometime. but is is not needed beforehand

Last edited by a moderator:
It can be done that way because IL basically validates you as acceptable before you even take the test. All the references are sent at time of applying to sit.

For those that are taking it before the 4 yrs of experience, new to IL, that is going to be a little different and probably will require board approval later

It can be done that way because IL basically validates you as acceptable before you even take the test. All the references are sent at time of applying to sit.
For those that are taking it before the 4 yrs of experience, new to IL, that is going to be a little different and probably will require board approval later
Okay... I get it now. I just got my 4 years experience this month, but didn't have it yet when I took the October exam. I know that I have another application to fill out for licensure if I passed.

:thankyou:

Okay... I get it now. I just got my 4 years experience this month, but didn't have it yet when I took the October exam. I know that I have another application to fill out for licensure if I passed.

so how did that work? did you have to pay the $100 to the state or will you have to do do that when you submit the experience paperwork?

When I asked D.B about this he told me. I don't have to pay anything to that state until I submit my application. I'm not eligible to be licensed until May.

I was having issues logging into CTS so I called Carrie... She fixed my login issue and informed me that results were just received from NCEES and we should expect results to be posted to CTS "within" two weeks. The results will be posted online immediately before results are snail mailed.
Does the two weeks include this week? Cause that would mean we should get them by the end of next week. That would be great, although I am still sticking with beginning of January as the more likely scenario.

so how did that work? did you have to pay the $100 to the state or will you have to do do that when you submit the experience paperwork?
I don't have my records with me today so I've been trying to think what I did. I remember paying the $100 fee to IDFPR with the application. I just didn't submit the document for experience verification with it. It's my understanding that I'll have to submit that form along with the passing letter to them when I'm ready to be licensed. I shouldn't have to pay anything else.

This is all new to me so I'm learning as I go. So far so good as I was able to take the exam in Oct. If I run into any problems getting the license I'll let you know. I'm sure asunw is interested in that outcome as well.

I don't have my records with me today so I've been trying to think what I did. I remember paying the $100 fee to IDFPR with the application. I just didn't submit the document for experience verification with it. It's my understanding that I'll have to submit that form along with the passing letter to them when I'm ready to be licensed. I shouldn't have to pay anything else.

This is all new to me so I'm learning as I go. So far so good as I was able to take the exam in Oct. If I run into any problems getting the license I'll let you know. I'm sure asunw is interested in that outcome as well.
I definitely am. I didn't turn in any paperwork to the state before the exam so I hope that wasn't a mistake on my end. I know a few other people doing the same thing I did and none of us have turned anything in to IL.

interesting...2 different methods. I was really curious because before this taking the test before experience gained the $100 was only good for 3 yrs. If you needed to take the test again after 3 yrs you needed to pony up another $100.

Although it really sucks they didn't revise the instructions or the rules before letting the change happen.

interesting...2 different methods. I was really curious because before this taking the test before experience gained the $100 was only good for 3 yrs. If you needed to take the test again after 3 yrs you needed to pony up another $100.
Although it really sucks they didn't revise the instructions or the rules before letting the change happen.
Well the application is still good for 3 years, that hasn't changed. If you don't pass it in that timeframe, then its another $100. I'm assuming that it won't take me more than 6 attempts when I said I shouldn't have to pay them anything else.

Well the application is still good for 3 years, that hasn't changed. If you don't pass it in that timeframe, then its another $100. I'm assuming that it won't take me more than 6 attempts when I said I shouldn't have to pay them anything else.
I know a 6 timer in IL, but it was spread out over more than 3 yrs so they paid the $100 more than once.

TO C.P. from CTS

Asunw to cp Dec 21 (2 days ago)

Hello,

Do you have any idea when the results for the October 29, 2010 Reg. Professional Engineer exam will be uploaded to your system? Do you expect it to be before the holidays or will it be January?

Thank you!

FROM C.P. from CTS

cp to asunw 4:16 PM (5 minutes ago)

Results will be mailed within the next week or two.

C.P.

Screener

Hope we hear something this week, this wait is getting very annoying :(

So CTS claims they were given the results last week but NCEES states on their website that PE results will be released the last week of December. Seems like someone isn't being entirely truthful with us. My guess is that it's CTS. :brickwall:

Yeah. I blindly submitted my written application and $100 before the May deadline (for written apps) knowing that the process had been changed and not having any sure guidance about what the new steps would be. By the time they figured out all the electronic registration stuff, I had already been approved to sit but it took some phone calls and emails to connect my written application to my independent electronic registration. I'm still not 100% sure that licensure is going to go smoothly, but I'm hopeful. I don't know if I really should have had to pay both the $100 and the $281 but it seemed like the safest choice.

As I sit here on the 58th day of waiting for PE results, the banner scrolls along with the names of members that passed the FE. I mean no disrepect to the new EIT's (congrats to them), but I can't help but wonder why their results are out before the PE's? There's 180 questions on the FE compared to 80 on the PE! Not to mention that in IL the PE is given on Friday while the FE is Saturday. Less questions and more time to grade them? What gives? Any other thoughts on this?

:screwloose:

As I sit here on the 58th day of waiting for PE results, the banner scrolls along with the names of members that passed the FE. I mean no disrepect to the new EIT's (congrats to them), but I can't help but wonder why their results are out before the PE's? There's 180 questions on the FE compared to 80 on the PE! Not to mention that in IL the PE is given on Friday while the FE is Saturday. Less questions and more time to grade them? What gives? Any other thoughts on this?:screwloose:
Good points. I know in CO the FE is given on Saturday too. I wonder which test has more examinees?

As I sit here on the 58th day of waiting for PE results, the banner scrolls along with the names of members that passed the FE. I mean no disrepect to the new EIT's (congrats to them), but I can't help but wonder why their results are out before the PE's? There's 180 questions on the FE compared to 80 on the PE! Not to mention that in IL the PE is given on Friday while the FE is Saturday. Less questions and more time to grade them? What gives? Any other thoughts on this?:screwloose:
Good points. I know in CO the FE is given on Saturday too. I wonder which test has more examinees?
FE by lots and lots

Back