"Ill Fame" ?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When my wife was in college, she and her roomates lived in a former house of ill repute in Boulder. One year we had a "Pimps and Hos" party. That house didn't creep me out at all. It was actually a pretty nice place.

Years ago...the murder happened in the 40s. I just checked the house and it sold in 2006 for $800,000. However, it appears it gets sold every three years or so since my grandmother moved out in the early 90s. It's a big house- three stories with an attic apartment and basement. Garage and there used to be a nice stone fish pond (still could be there). Living room, formal dining, eat in kitchen, five bedrooms, 5 baths (I think). Just also had a grisly murder and some lasting effects from the spirit world :)

The house my aunt lives in has had two previous owners commit suicide, one of them in the house, one of them years after selling it. House doesn't creep me out at all, though. Nice little house on a good sized peice of land.

But it is one of those odd things, isn't it?

Last edited by a moderator:
They framed the article about the murder and had it hanging in the hallway near the bathroom where the mother was left to die. The wood floor outside the bathroom was permanently stained from her blood. I never wanted to go upstairs by myself!
that's kinda weird on it's own. No way I advertise it and that floor would have been ripped out and replaced before I'd even think of moving in.

Sounds like the old Simmons house in the "Ghost and Mr. Chicken"

Bloody floors in a house of ill repute....now that's really nasty. That stuff should be confined to the dungeon area which should be dirt and stone.

Last edited by a moderator:
They tried sanding it out, but it had seeped in pretty far. The wife laid there for three days before she was discovered. Two of the girls survived and some school friends noticed they hadn't been at school. When the friends stopped by, the smell from in the house overwhelmed them and they told their parents.

And is there such a thing as an orgy brothel? Do you get a group rate?

so was he operating one of the happy ending movie rooms in the basement?
Supposedly the house my parents bought was used as a house of ill fame. the neighbors were overjoyed when a family with kids moved in.

The main "massage parlor" for our state got shut down. Awkward moment when a noted doctor in town was one of the clients.

When I was at FSU, the police used to do sweeps / stings at the big public park on the edge of Tallahassee. Seemed like they'd get at least one preacher, every time, usually for dude / dude activity.

I wonder if that story is Googlable...
I'll have to check. I remember trying to look it up in the late 90s, but there's way more info online nowadays. I'll get details from my mother tonight.
OK.

Just goes to show there were always nutjobs, but they didn't always get nationwide attention like they do nowadays.

Doesn't that kind of go along with Sapper's free range kids question? Would we worry as much about random violent crimes if we didn't know about each one that happened?

The creepiest house to live in wouldn't be a former brothel or a former funeral home, but a house where the previous resident was an engineer!

Doesn't that kind of go along with Sapper's free range kids question? Would we worry as much about random violent crimes if we didn't know about each one that happened?
Yup.

I think the media has in some ways done a disservice by covering such things. I mean, I can see the point with missing persons, hoping to get the info to a larger population to be aware of the missing person. That really started with good intentions.

And we all know what the road to hell is paved with.

BUT, I don't see any real need for me in SC to hear about some loon who tripped offine and started hosing down the schoolyard in North Dakota. It is desn't really have any bearing on my life.

But if it bleeds, it leads.

Latest posts

Back