Help keep ptatohed accountable with his weight loss

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's great Ad.  People ask me if I feel any differently and the honest answer is no.  :-/  You see those commercials and the people are saying "I feel 25 again".  I can't say anything like that but I can say it's nice to fit in my my 34s again.  :)

Keep up the good work. 
Thanks.  More energy is one of the well documented effects of burning fat as your fuel, instead of glucose.  Any of the ketogenic diets offer that benefit (Atkins, Paleo, Ketogenic).  The main reason is that you don't have to eat to have energy, since your body gets accustomed to drawing all it needs from stored fat (a rather continuous supply), rather than glucose.  Since your body is only capable of storing about 100 grams worth of glucose, you quickly have to replenish.  If your body is only accustomed to the cycle created by converting carbohydrates into glucose it ends up being energy deprived any time that store is depleted.  It can take as long as a week for your body to switch over to being an efficient fat burner (ketosis), but for most people it only takes about 2 days.  So, for anyone burning carbs as fuel, you can actually end up feeling pretty miserable a lot, particularly if you're restricting calories.

I'm not saying you should switch what you're doing, because obviously it's working for you (actually, I'm pretty inspired by you!), but you might consider it.  It certainly wouldn't slow down your progress.

Ok, so I am in the 187s now.  :)    Heading into 25 lb of weight loss and approaching my original goal of 185.  It's getting harder.  :eek:I  Mountain Dew, double cheeseburgers, Doritos, Little Debbies, and cookie dough ice cream are getting harder and harder to resist!  But I am determined to make it...

That's awesome. Keep up the good work.

Ah yes, the double cheeseburgers and little debbies. They'll make you wish you were 20 y/o all over again.

Well friends, I think I did it!  I reached my original goal.  :eek:)  26 lb in about 12 weeks (pretty much a consistent 2 lb / wk).  I can't believe I actually made it.  If I was a betting man, I probably would have bet against me!  lol  It feels weird.  I feel like the dog chasing the car.... now that I am here I don't know what to do!  I think I may keep going for another 2-3 weeks and go for 180?  Anyway, it feels good to accomplish this goal through a little sacrifice and hard work.  I am proud of me.  :eek:D
P1020581.JPG

How do you like those Equate shakes?  SF is looking for a meal replacement as something she can grab on the way to work.  

How do you like those Equate shakes?  SF is looking for a meal replacement as something she can grab on the way to work.  
Supe, I like the Wal-Mart Equate shakes a lot.  They are actually very tasty.  And they, by far, are the cheapest diet shakes I could find.  You can save even more by buying the 12 pack but the 12 packs only come in chocolate.  So, I also bought the 6 packs of vanilla and strawberry, for variety.  I think there are two chocolates - chocolate and chocolate royal but I couldn't tell the difference.  They would be good as quick meals on the go.  They are 180 (healthy) calories so they really are liquid meals.  But I'll be honest, I never had one alone as a meal.  I always had it along with additional food.  The directions do say to replace one or two meals with a shake, for weight loss.  But if she's just looking for a quick and easy "meal", this should work well.   

I'm now down 20lbs.  Still going strong.
Very cool.  Nice job.  :)  

I am stuck at this 182/183 spot.  So, I haven't backslid or anything but I haven't made much progress since my last post a month ago.  I met my original goal of 185 but my revised goal of 180 is harder than I thought.  :eek:I  Maybe I should just accept 182/183 as my "happy weight". 

Keep us posted AdPE. 

Very cool.  Nice job.  :)  

I am stuck at this 182/183 spot.  So, I haven't backslid or anything but I haven't made much progress since my last post a month ago.  I met my original goal of 185 but my revised goal of 180 is harder than I thought.  :eek:I  Maybe I should just accept 182/183 as my "happy weight". 

Keep us posted AdPE. 
Down 30 as of a couple days ago.  Last night I hauled out a 30lb dumbbell just to demonstrate to the family how much that is.  Hard to believe that much weight is gone.

Audi driver said:
6 hours ago, Audi driver, P.E. said:

I'm now down 20lbs.  Still going strong.
Very cool.  Nice job.  [emoji4] 

Keep us posted AdPE. 
Is this with shoes

Well, like Audi driver (congrats again Ad), I too am down about 30lb now (~31 actually).  I met my first goal of 185 (from 210+) at a pretty steady rate of about 2lb/wk.  Going from 185 to 180 was a much slower rate.  Probably less than 1lb/wk.  But, I got here.  :D    Deciding whether to stop or go for 175.....

P1030763.JPG

Back