Help keep ptatohed accountable with his weight loss

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
p90x is an overall good program.  My only 2 issues with it is the fact that each workout is 1.5hrs long and you have to listen to Tony Horton.  

A couple other programs that Mrs Dex and I have found useful are Body Beast and 21-Day Fix Extreme (both by the same parent company as p90x).  Workouts are only 30-45 min but come with great diet programs to complement it.  Mrs Dex dropped almost 15 lbs on the 21-day program. Beast does need equipment (dumbells & bench), but the 21D program only needs resistance bands.  I did one of the 21D workouts and it whooped my ass despite being only 28 minutes long.

Starting on Monday we're starting their new workout program called Hammer & Chisel (also same parent company) which has the hosts from Beast and 21-day working together.

Modify the P90x ab routine and the workouts end up being only 50 min. or less.  Works out much better.  I substitute P90x Yoga for X3 Yoga or Pilates (both only 30 min.).

I was intrigued by both Body Beast and Hammer & Chisel.  Curious as to how their intensities compare to P90x.  I did 21-Day Fix Extreme and it was alright.  Not enough weight training for me specifically.  Also didn't have time to parse all my meals into a bunch of colored cups.  Though I still maintain my usual meal serving sizes.

I get more out of Beast than I did out of p90x, but that's more because of the added weight.  p90X is cheaper in that you don't really need any equipment to do it though.  Beast is also not as stringent on the cardio side which is why I see so many add some form of cardio routine at the same time.

p90x is an overall good program.  My only 2 issues with it is the fact that each workout is 1.5hrs long and you have to listen to Tony Horton.  
Length was another reason I didn't like P90.  T25 is about 30 minutes with stretches and I like Shaun T more than Tony's corny jokes, haha.

I'll have to check out the 21D program though.

Autumn in the 21-Day Fix DVDs makes me want to chew glass. 

The folks from Body Pump and I are friends, though. 

And my scale does tenths. How else am I supposed to measure if I took an epic dump or not? 

And I've seen mixed reviews with Autumn.  I didn't think she was nearly as bad as Tony Horton.  Sagi with Body Beast is funny.

As Ron White said, I'm hoping I'm one big turd away from backing into a new wardrobe.

don't underestimate the power of a solid strength routine for weight loss.  Nutrition and diet is the key.  you cannot out train a shitty diet.

Here you go @csb.  You're welcome... ;)

21-day-fix-Cropped.jpg

197.9 lb this morning.  Was hoping for a little more drop over the weekend but I guess a 0.4 lb drop since the end of last week isn't too bad.  I've gone down one notch on my belt.  And my size 9 wedding ring is getting a little loose!  Now if I can just start seeing more of a reduction in belly and man-boobs....  

****, I can't believe no one is posting the free Chipotle burrito text thing going on today.

Did the first workout for Hammer & Chisel yesterday. Autumn just can't seem to shut the f-up. It was the "balance" workout, so when you're trying to focus on your balance she's rambling on and on and on about working out which makes it hard to concentrate, especially if you're listening to see if something she says actually pertains to your positioning. 

Just give me a description of the move, pointers on posture and positioning, then shut up.  I know I'm working out.  I can see your helpers sweating. I don't need a constant blah, blah, blah while I'm trying to avoid falling on my face.

Back