GA results are out!

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They released about 30 names on the SOS website on 12/5... they are up to about 70. 

I was trying to think how many people took the exam in Macon... Maybe 300? If you say 60% pass rate then there should be 180 new licensees.
If you look at the board meeting minutes from last December, there were 205 new licenses ratified.  Certainly some of those could have been issued through comity, but I would expect the board to add a fair amount more license numbers through examination.

They released about 30 names on the SOS website on 12/5... they are up to about 70. 

I was trying to think how many people took the exam in Macon... Maybe 300? If you say 60% pass rate then there should be 180 new licensees.
I think 250-300 is a good estimate. I think it was 3-4 people to bench.

I wonder why they won't allow NCEES to release the scores though.  This is painful.

I think 250-300 is a good estimate. I think it was 3-4 people to bench.

I wonder why they won't allow NCEES to release the scores though.  This is painful.
I have been checking periodically and no new names have been added since Friday.  If this continues it looks like we will be waiting until tomorrow.

I have been checking periodically and no new names have been added since Friday.  If this continues it looks like we will be waiting until tomorrow.
All states are done except GA, something's wrong... I am skeptical they will release results today 😌

All states are done except GA, something's wrong... I am skeptical they will release results today 😌
Agreed, something does seem wrong.  They had planned maintenance with the website Thursday but not sure why they won't allow NCEES to release the individual results to my ncees.

Agreed, something does seem wrong.  They had planned maintenance with the website Thursday but not sure why they won't allow NCEES to release the individual results to my ncees.
The only reason I can think of for this delay is the run-off election for SOS. 

However, they added 1 more person today... via comity.... Hoping the batch release the remaining 120 names this afternoon. 

However, they added 1 more person today... via comity.... Hoping the batch release the remaining 120 names this afternoon. 
That would explain some things.  All about the politics.

Actually looks like they are inputting names again today.  PE04406 issued 12/10 by examination. 

Slow and steady it seems.

I don't recall Georgia doing this in the past. IIRC, I thought Georgia was a direct release state. Has anyone looked at previous sessions' threads to see how it was done previously.

Well in fairness, we haven't heard anything from North Dakota or Alaska yet. ND is probably lack of representation and Alaska could be too. However the Anchorage earthquake could be effecting things too; their office in far away in Juneau but most of the state population lives near the epicenter.

But sorry, I think you guys "won" this session. I don't think general release will happen today either.

I HIGHLY doubt it has anything to do with the SoS election. Especially since they are still adding licenses via examinations.

I don't recall Georgia doing this in the past. IIRC, I thought Georgia was a direct release state. Has anyone looked at previous sessions' threads to see how it was done previously.

Well in fairness, we haven't heard anything from North Dakota or Alaska yet. ND is probably lack of representation and Alaska could be too. However the Anchorage earthquake could be effecting things too; their office in far away in Juneau but most of the state population lives near the epicenter.

But sorry, I think you guys "won" this session. I don't think general release will happen today either.

I HIGHLY doubt it has anything to do with the SoS election. Especially since they are still adding licenses via examinations.
Georgia in the past has released the results as soon as NCEES said they were ready.  So not sure why the change now.

I received the e-mail from the GA SOS's office, saying I passed, yesterday at 5:22 pm! Still no update on the NCEES site. I'm mainly posting because I'm a little concerned that no one else has posted about receiving results. I'm hoping there hasn't been a mistake! :X

Has anyone else received theirs??

Last edited by a moderator:
I received the e-mail from the GA SOS's office, saying I passed, yesterday at 5:22 pm! Still no update on the NCEES site. I'm mainly posting because I'm a little concerned that no one else has posted about receiving results. I'm hoping there hasn't been a mistake! :X

Did your NCEES update?

Congratulations.  This seems to be typical this year.  A coworker received an e-mail from the GA SOS office around the same time 12/5.

If you look up your name on the secretary of state license verification site you should be listed.

Thanks for the congrats! :)

On another note, I'm interested in practicing engineering on my own, apart from any company or firm, due to my somewhat specific experience (air permitting) and location (a smallish town). I know there's a ton to consider- state authorization to start a business, liability insurance, etc. If anyone knows anything about this type of thing, or can point me to a helpful thread or name, that would be hugely helpful. 

Haven't gotten any confirmation emails/letters and NCEES still says result pending. I do show up as active PE and superceded EIT on the licensee search

Back