FLORIDA RESULTS ARE OUT

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes this was my first time, I still in shock because I was waiting a pass, I studied very hard for almost 5 months, all my friends can't believe it. I am sending today the retake application to go again in April. Let's see.

Thanks for your support, Judo, Nat, Dark Knight, I will be in touch!

My PM discipline is Transportation, really I am more construction than transportation, I don't know if I am doing a mistake but I cannot start studying another PM.

No, stick with Transportation dont switch afternoon discipline... Make sure you focus hard on the morning then. I feel bad for you... Good luck in April you will do it...

I studied very hard for almost 5 months...
Well, you have 75% of the battle won. For the next one you do not have to study as hard. Just smart. Focus on your weak areas and review your strong ones, just to stay tuned. I am telling you based on my own experience. It happened the same to me. Did study as hard as anyone can imagine: FAILED. Following the same advice I am giving you here, for the next one, focused on my weaknesses, and just touched my strengths to keep them ready to go. Passed that time. You can do the same.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was in the same boat as Dark Knight, failed attempt #1, focused on my weaknesses and reviewed my strengths...they only thing I would add, was that I hit bunches of practice tests and tabbed the hell out of my references and also built a binder broken down by subject based on the information and formulas that I used in those practice tests...when it came to test day, I was using my own binder for 75-80% of my test rather than jumping from reference book to reference book...when I needed more info from a reference, I had them tabbed so I didn't have to look it up in the idex to find the right section...it was about speed, which gives you more time to nail the harder ones...Hope this helps! Good Luck!

My PM discipline is Transportation, really I am more construction than transportation, I don't know if I am doing a mistake but I cannot start studying another PM.
Dana, I passed with Transportation PM, feeling sad that that you did not make it. My advice, stick to transportation. Let me know if you need any help at all.

Hi Turen, Thanks for offering me your help. I have a lot of material, School of PE and Testmasters. I did all the NCEES tests, All in one and some PPI tests, I can't believe that I didn't make it. But I think I need to be more familiar with the MUTCD and HMC,If you can, send me an Email to discuss the best approach to nail this test in April.

Dana--

I have worked with 2 very smart trans. engineers who both failed their first time, but passed the second. I am sure you will pass. From talking to them, its all about having the right materials handy during the test and knowing where the info is.

Latest posts

Back