Finally Passed FE after 7th Time

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congratulation!!!. But be midful of the fact that PE is more harder than EIT, you need to change your reading/studying habit to be able to face the challeges accompanying the PE. Good luck.
I believe age has a lot to do with how people view the EIT / PE. If you took the EIT when you were young (fresh out of college) a lot of courses are still rattling around inside the noggin, but when you get to the PE it's a lot of practical engineering that you haven't been doing too long. If you took the EIT / PE when you were older then it's the reverse, the noggin has fully been rattled out (honestly I won't remember chemistry in another 2 years, except for the fact that salt is made from two poisonous chemicals) but you have enough practical experience to fly through the PE.

In theory, I guess it would be best to take the EIT senior year then wait 10 years to take the PE but that's 8 years w/o a potential raise.

We have someone at my work I believe failed their FE 4 or 5 times.

Passed his PE first time and had no trouble with it whatsoever.

Latest posts

Back