Finally Passed FE after 7th Time

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You are right, we should never give up on trying to pass this. Congrats!! I also passed this after 3 times. :woot:

Hello everyone,just wanted to share my FE results - Finally Passed FE after 7th Time.

I had lost hopes, I was ridiculed and mocked, with all the tough time, I kept trying harder and harder, made mistakes and learnt from them.

Dont know what else to say, I have failed several times and now I have passed, do I celebrate this? I am kinda speechless, feel like crying like a baby.
CONGRATULATIONS! It took me 6 times to pass the FE myself and now I'm waiting very impatiently for my PE results... it's so stressful. I don't want to ever have to do this again!! From my own personal experience, I cried like a baby and then celebrated, hard, for a good week. I hope you did as well!!!

In all seriousness I hope this is a flame. Someone shouldn't be able to register as a PE after failing the FE 7 times, I really hope I'm not driving over any bridges you're designing.

In all seriousness I hope this is a flame. Someone shouldn't be able to register as a PE after failing the FE 7 times, I really hope I'm not driving over any bridges you're designing.

Jaked, Cheer up!!! As far as I know, there is no one man team working on big public projects; we design to comply with codes; and I believe factor of safety is still 2+...There are plenty of people that just randomly guessed the test and passed on first try with zero effort. A multiple choice exam really can't say much about a person.

You don't know what I went through in life and what circumstances I passed, you don't have to drive on any bridge that I design, people like you are just douche bags who has not seen life. God bless you and get the F^&& out of this forum and refrain yourself from posting any messages.

Failing the FE/EIT exam seven times does not make an engineer incapable of becoming a professional engineer. Obtaining the FE/EIT certification is only one small ingredient out of many, with others including professional work experience, attitude, integrity, and of course, the Professional License received upon passing the PE exam.

As engineers, we're never supposed to give up, no matter what the circumstances are. And at the same time, we do not unfairly impose walls on others that are trying to reach the same professional goals that we seek (or sought) as well. I have to say that you sir, are an insult to our profession.

Hello everyone,just wanted to share my FE results - Finally Passed FE after 7th Time.

I had lost hopes, I was ridiculed and mocked, with all the tough time, I kept trying harder and harder, made mistakes and learnt from them.

Dont know what else to say, I have failed several times and now I have passed, do I celebrate this? I am kinda speechless, feel like crying like a baby.

thanks to all who supported me in this endeavor.

Will start chasing the California PE. People never give up.

BTW I took civil in the afternoon.
Did they make you go back to school for certain subjects? That's what I was told would happen if I failed 3 times
My buddy from NJ is taking his FE for yet another time and I asked him the same question - he said you can take it as many times as you can afford to. That is the case in a few states. Not so in Florida (and again in some other states). In Florida if you fail the third time you have to take (I believe) 12 credit hours college level on some pre-determined subjects. Pardon me for not knowing all of the particulars. I was considering finding out all of the facts, then got my results - I passed. The research I will be doing is to find out when I am deemed qualified to accept the challenge of the PE (and I will not necessarily be taking it in Florida). Good luck to all and you have to know I am excited that I passed and so proud of all of you that accepted this challenge whether we hit the mandated cut-off or not. Pat yourselves on the back - I was in that room and I could not be more proud of any bunch of people! You Glorify God when you try so hard to improve yourselves and He smiles down on each and everyone of us - and especially those that have supported us - for none of us have truly done it alone.

Congrats to you!!!

I would say the FE is really tougher compared to the PE since the subjects that you have to study are very broad. PE exam focuses only on your area of expertise.

I took both the FE (2006) and PE (2010) once and my score for PE is way higher than my FE..

Just advice for future PEs: focus studying on your area of expertise and take the depth module that you're comfortable with. Don't take an easy PE depth module just because you just want to have it attached to your name. Don't forget the reason why we get a PE, that we are competent enough to engineer jobs for the safety of the public.

thanks to all who supported me in this endeavor.

Will start chasing the California PE. People never give up.

BTW I took civil in the afternoon.
I don't care what anyone else says, you passed the FE and that feels awesome! Congrats :party-smiley-048:

Amazing! A lot of people would not have the strength to keep trying like you did. Totally ignore all the trolls and wiseguys on this tread, you didn't give up and that's what matters. Congratulations!!!!

Congratz Fall2004us. I would have gave up after failing a lot of times, but you sir are different! I'm gonna try my first time in this April. Good luck me!!

You don't know what I went through in life and what circumstances I passed, you don't have to drive on any bridge that I design, people like you are just douche bags who has not seen life. God bless you and get the F^&& out of this forum and refrain yourself from posting any messages.
Haha....good response.

AND CONGRATS! You earned it!

Hope you did a lot of this... :party-smiley-048:

Latest posts

Back