Finally Passed FE after 7th Time

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Conggrats!

Happy to see the good result!

By the way, how long does the FE exam score is valid?

I am a sutdent, I want to take FE exam, but I cann't take PE exam in the following 4-5 years because of no work experience. I am afraid when I have the qualification to take PE exam, my FE exam will be invalid.

Thanks for anyone who reple my question.

Hello everyone,just wanted to share my FE results - Finally Passed FE after 7th Time.

I had lost hopes, I was ridiculed and mocked, with all the tough time, I kept trying harder and harder, made mistakes and learnt from them.

Dont know what else to say, I have failed several times and now I have passed, do I celebrate this? I am kinda speechless, feel like crying like a baby.

thanks to all who supported me in this endeavor.

Will start chasing the California PE. People never give up.

BTW I took civil in the afternoon.

By the way, how long does the FE exam score is valid?

BTW I took civil in the afternoon.
I don't think it ever expires. I'm in California, I took the FE in 1995 and the PE in 2005. I've read people who took the FE right after college and took the PE 20 years later.

Someone can correct me I'm wrong. Of course they have to give you enough time to earn the experience anyway.

In all seriousness I hope this is a flame. Someone shouldn't be able to register as a PE after failing the FE 7 times, I really hope I'm not driving over any bridges you're designing.
You don't know what I went through in life and what circumstances I passed, you don't have to drive on any bridge that I design, people like you are just douche bags who has not seen life. God bless you and get the F^&& out of this forum and refrain yourself from posting any messages.
The following sums up my feelings:

1) Congrats!

2) I admire your persistance. I'm sure there are a lot of people that would have taken 7 tries to pass, but they didn't have the wherewithal and endurance to do it.

3) The school you went to should lose their accredidation. The FE is a test of basic engineering understanding, hence the reason they allow students to take this in their junior and senior year.

4) I hope the "circumstance that you passed" involved being more coked up than Charlie Sheen for a period of several years. That would really be the only legitimate excuse of taking 7 tries to pass the FE.

5) There are a lot of awww shucks feel good posters on this board, but did you really think you were going to post something like that and not get any flack?!?!?!?!

6) Congrats! (yes, I know this was also point number 1).

That would really be the only legitimate excuse of taking 7 tries to pass the FE.
That's "only legitimate excuse for", not of.

The school where you learned English should lose its accreditation. I'm not sure about its

accredidation
since I'm unclear what that means.
Signed,

Feel good poster who reserves his contempt for flaming dicks.

Last edited by a moderator:
That would really be the only legitimate excuse of taking 7 tries to pass the FE.

The school where you learned English should lose its accreditation. I'm not sure about its

accredidation
Signed,

Hi benbo,

thanks for pitching in :thankyou:

accredidation
Signed,

Feel good poster,

You are correct. I did have grammatical errors in my previous post. Perhaps if I finally get it right after six more posts, you can congratulate me.

Signed,

Flaming Dick

Feel good poster,
You are correct. I did have grammatical errors in my previous post. Perhaps if I finally get it right after six more posts, you can congratulate me.

Signed,

Flaming Dick
I'm not holding my breath.

Rather than working on something unimportant like the use of proper grammar on a message board, you could try working on being less of a prick.

In all seriousness I hope this is a flame. Someone shouldn't be able to register as a PE after failing the FE 7 times, I really hope I'm not driving over any bridges you're designing.
You don't know what I went through in life and what circumstances I passed, you don't have to drive on any bridge that I design, people like you are just douche bags who has not seen life. God bless you and get the F^&& out of this forum and refrain yourself from posting any messages.
So it’s not your fault that you failed 6 times in a row or what? The main reason to get your PE is so that you can do independent contracting, work for the state, or testify to a jury. I wouldn't want someone who failed a _simple_ test 6 times (three full years worth of studying and apparently personal problems) doing any of these, especially testifying to a jury who knows little about engineering.

This is what’s getting to be wrong with America, the "it’s not my fault, XYZ has been holding me down and that’s why" attitude. Some people should not be engineers, even if they manage to barely pass a test.

To those who are patting this guy’s back, you're part of the problem. Even though you're congratulating him and such, who here would hire this person or want him to testify in a case AGAINST you knowing that he failed the FE 6 times. Personally I'd be ashamed and wouldn't admit it to anyone.

this is nothing new to me, I even know a guy with PHD in engineering failed 3 times the FE exam and passed the 4th try. This exam depends how quick and prepared youre with all the topics covered.

Ok I've been quiet on this one for a while so I figured I'd throw my hat into the ring. I'm not going to pass judgement on the OP's competence, but when you post something like this saying you passed on the 7th try, a lot of people will think you're in some way bragging about the number of times it took you or that you're looking for someone some sympathy. If the OP had posted simply "I passed finally" or "I passed after a few tries" nobody would say half the things that have been said on this thread, but when you start throwing a pretty high number out there you're probably fishing for attention.

The bottom line here is if you dont have a thick skin and you cant take the criticism involved when you post these things, maybe you should throttle down the amount of information you put out there for the world to see. There are filters you can and should use when telling anybody anything;it's not an all or nothing flow of information. The people in the big wide world of the internet aren't the same people who you invite over to have a cookout and play catch with your kids so either toughen up or wise up.

I'm glad this board is full of geniuses. To think a person is somehow bragging or looking for some sort of sympathy because they post of success after struggling is absurd.

I'll point out the fellow's performance is fine by his state board and the NCEES, the final arbiters of this stuff, and the same people who gave us these licenses we are using to feel all high and mighty.

As far as the person who asked about whether I would want this person testifying - I wouldn't want someone testifying who leaps to conclusions without complete information, or frankly, someone who gets worked up enough over the OP's test performance to spout venom on line. I would look at a witness's overall CV, not to mention their character which can be an issue even in technical proceedings.

Suppose it takes 50% to pass an exam. I take the exam, score 51% and pass. My colleague takes the exam several times, and for reasons unknown to me he can only score 49% the first few times. I guess this makes me Albert Einstein and my colleague Homer Simpson.

Suppose he really buckles down and after several times scores 100%. Who's the idiot now?

I stand by my earlier statements.

That said, I do agree with navyasw about toughening up- this is the internet. There are a lot of flame-spouting bungholes out here spewing uninformed and poorly reasoned gibberish, so the OP should probably have expected some jackasses making negative comments for no real reason.

If you put a monkey in front of a keyboard he'll eventually bang out a novel, I guess if you put one in front of a scantron he'll pass a FE exam.

I'm glad this board is full of geniuses. To think a person is somehow bragging or looking for some sort of sympathy because they post of success after struggling is absurd.
I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on this one. I understand the OP was elated at finally passing, but I question his motives when explicitly stating the number of attempts. Again, it seems as if the poster is lacking an internal filter that would have mitigated the negative comments in the first place.

If you put a monkey in front of a keyboard he'll eventually bang out a novel, I guess if you put one in front of a scantron he'll pass a FE exam.
Thanks for explaining how you passed. I guess you also cleared up how you managed to bang out your posts. It must have been tough working it in with all your responsibility flinging dung around your cage.

Oh, by the way Jakeq, congrats on your novel! It took a while, but you got it done.

It's amazing how this topic degraded from people congratulating someone for his persistence to monkeys and lost accreditations and personal filters and careless typing reflecting total lack of knowledge of grammar ...

Did I miss anything?

and careless typing reflecting total lack of knowledge of grammar ... Did I miss anything?
Actually, if you are referring to my post, I didn't write this.

But, to the extent I did perform the task of Grammar Nazi, it was only because monkeys who live in glass cages shouldn't throw dung.

Writing rude comments about the OP's test performance is completely unnecessary, and something a playground bully would do.

By this logic, someone who passed the test the first time around is "better" than someone who passed the second time, and in turn that person is "better" than someone who took it three times. It doesn't work that way. We know nothing about the underlying circumstances, or the actual test scores for that matter.

He passed the test, that's all that matters.

Thanks for explaining how you passed. I guess you also cleared up how you managed to bang out your posts. It must have been tough working it in with all your responsibility flinging dung around your cage.

Plagiarism is the sincerest form of flattery.

I think you meant Imitation is the Highest Form of Flattery. I'm surprised the grammar police isn't here.

Latest posts

Back