FE exam results October 2013

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My total of questions correct added up to 90 not sure how many of those were of the 2 point questions. It was worse than my first time taking the exam. I wish I could go back to 2007 when I did better being that the matrrial was more fresh in my head. Also the firat time I took it I left about a total of 30 unbubbled responses

How did u know which ones are the 2 point questions. I had 90 questions correct not sure how many were 2 pts

How did u know which ones are the 2 point questions. I had 90 questions correct not sure how many were 2 pts

you can go look at the specifications on the ncees website to see where the split is for you exam but I think the morning part ends with thermo. all the topics after that are for you afternoon exam and are the two point ones.

FE Exam specific : Civil

State : GA

Amount of Times Taken FE Exam : First Try

Morning : 58 correct

Afternoon : 27 correct

Score Computation : 58 + ((2)*(27)) = 112 / 240 = 46.666%

NO wonder I failed.

Conclusion : All of the concepts were covered by our professors, its just that I blanked out, and as someone in the previous post pointed out that by trying to solve all the problems in the order they came in can hurt you if you get stuck. That's what happend here with me. I just have to know all of my concepts well. I am terrified of the Fluid Mechanics, and Probablility and Statistics. Civil has tons of questions that relates to Fluid Mechanics.

Anyways, I just have to work hard, and with this new CBT reference material, which has kind of taken out a lot of the materials from following sections of the Civil Engineering: geotech, structural analysis, concrete structures design, and god knows what other stuff they have taken out from the old reference manual.

Also NCEES also added a lot of the new materials in : transportation materials, construction management / project management, probability and statistics.

They improved Geotech section a little bit with better graphics, and easy follow equations relating to the retaining wall calculations.

New reference manual has tons of problems with it already from wrong labelings on diagrams, to not showing proper equations in the math portion of the manual.

well, I just hope I do not have to remember a lot of this equations that are either removed from the manual, or are not showing properly in the PDF format.

Scary times we live in people.

NO wonder I failed.

Conclusion : All of the concepts were covered by our professors, its just that I blanked out, and as someone in the previous post pointed out that by trying to solve all the problems in the order they came in can hurt you if you get stuck. That's what happend here with me. I just have to know all of my concepts well. I am terrified of the Fluid Mechanics, and Probablility and Statistics. Civil has tons of questions that relates to Fluid Mechanics.

Anyways, I just have to work hard, and with this new CBT reference material, which has kind of taken out a lot of the materials from following sections of the Civil Engineering: geotech, structural analysis, concrete structures design, and god knows what other stuff they have taken out from the old reference manual.

Also NCEES also added a lot of the new materials in : transportation materials, construction management / project management, probability and statistics.

They improved Geotech section a little bit with better graphics, and easy follow equations relating to the retaining wall calculations.

New reference manual has tons of problems with it already from wrong labelings on diagrams, to not showing proper equations in the math portion of the manual.

well, I just hope I do not have to remember a lot of this equations that are either removed from the manual, or are not showing properly in the PDF format.

I did the same thing - did them in order. And when 15 minutes was called, I had to guess on many that I might of knew. Didn't help that my calculator froze on one of the integration ones :/ The afternoon portion had some strange questions too. You'll pass next time!

NO wonder I failed.

I did the same thing - did them in order. And when 15 minutes was called, I had to guess on many that I might of knew. Didn't help that my calculator froze on one of the integration ones :/ The afternoon portion had some strange questions too. You'll pass next time!
To : Kimberlyann9,

First of all, Thank You for the kind words.

I am sorry to ask you this question, but did you pass?

if you did, then Congrats!!!

NO wonder I failed.

Haven't checked. Doing a huge timber design project and really can't be distracted until Wedneday :p

NO wonder I failed.

Haven't checked. Doing a huge timber design project and really can't be distracted until Wedneday :p

Thanks for the prompt reply.

To tell you the truth, I did so much post-exam prayers, that I feel that I need to put the extra hard work into the studies, and then do the calculations of : exam + prayers = 'Pass' next time.

Also, I am currently looking for a job badly, and you mentioned the "huge timber design project", so my next question is that, is that project for the job, or your class project?

If it is a job project, then do you know if the company you are working for will be looking for somebody at the entry level civil engineer / entry level structural engineer?

Granted I am not an E.I.T in any state.

Because mine was pending for a few days, as were a bunch of other from this site.

If you can find your name on the states license verification site you are good.

You wont find your name if you failed.

Because mine was pending for a few days, as were a bunch of other from this site.

If you can find your name on the states license verification site you are good.

You wont find your name if you failed.

So, does that mean you passed ?

if you did, then Congratulations!!!

PA has such an archaic system of finding your name to know if you passed or failed.

They should move to automatic system, where you should be able to see on the NCEES website whether you pass or fail.

GA is good in that regard.

Well, to be fair, GA had this change of heart just recently after the April / 2013 exam.

Oh, well good luck to gpoli111.

If you, gpoli111, pass the exam, then Congratulations!!!

NO wonder I failed.

To tell you the truth, I did so much post-exam prayers, that I feel that I need to put the extra hard work into the studies, and then do the calculations of : exam + prayers = 'Pass' next time.

Also, I am currently looking for a job badly, and you mentioned the "huge timber design project", so my next question is that, is that project for the job, or your class project?

If it is a job project, then do you know if the company you are working for will be looking for somebody at the entry level civil engineer / entry level structural engineer?

It is for school, I don't graduate until May.

I'm sure you'll pass next time. It will be a shorter exam, and results will come in much faster.

NO wonder I failed.

I'm sure you'll pass next time. It will be a shorter exam, and results will come in much faster.

again, Thank You for your response.

What kind of class is this?

I took a course in undergraduate studies called Design of Wood structures. Is this similar to that?

OR,

Is this a senior design project / capstone project course to demonstrate the skills you acquired from your university education ?

What reference material are you using for timber design project ?

I'm not so sure about checking your name on the licensing site for PA. My friend who passed a year ago isn't listed when I search. And I left the search parameters as loose as I could.

NO wonder I failed.

again, Thank You for your response.

What kind of class is this?

I took a course in undergraduate studies called Design of Wood structures. Is this similar to that?

OR,

Is this a senior design project / capstone project course to demonstrate the skills you acquired from your university education ?

What reference material are you using for timber design project ?

Yes it is the design of wood structures. We learned about different types of wood (sawn, SCL, glulam) and there are two design projects in the class. My school requires four design classes and senior design. I use the NDS code books for the design project.

Looks like the mailed FE results are coming in.

I just picked up my mail and found out that I passed (electrical). :th_rockon:

Best of luck to all!

Back