FE exam results October 2013

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like the mailed FE results are coming in.

I just picked up my mail and found out that I passed (electrical). :th_rockon:

Best of luck to all!
Congrats! I got my passing results from ncees yesterday, but I keep logging in and re-checking to make sure it's real.

Florida results are out, one of my friends passed, one failed. Another friend in Illinois passed his PE as well so I assume FE is released there as well. Waiting for Connecticut :/

Looks like the mailed FE results are coming in.

I just picked up my mail and found out that I passed (electrical). :th_rockon:

Best of luck to all!
Congrats! I got my passing results from ncees yesterday, but I keep logging in and re-checking to make sure it's real.
Congrats Captain!!

And Matt, haha I keep doing the same too! Feel so good to see it!

FE Exam specific : Civil

State : GA

Amount of Times Taken FE Exam : First Try

Morning : 58 correct

Afternoon : 27 correct

Score Computation : 58 + ((2)*(27)) = 112 / 240 = 46.666%

NO wonder I failed.

Conclusion : All of the concepts were covered by our professors, its just that I blanked out, and as someone in the previous post pointed out that by trying to solve all the problems in the order they came in can hurt you if you get stuck. That's what happend here with me. I just have to know all of my concepts well. I am terrified of the Fluid Mechanics, and Probablility and Statistics. Civil has tons of questions that relates to Fluid Mechanics.

Anyways, I just have to work hard, and with this new CBT reference material, which has kind of taken out a lot of the materials from following sections of the Civil Engineering: geotech, structural analysis, concrete structures design, and god knows what other stuff they have taken out from the old reference manual.

Also NCEES also added a lot of the new materials in : transportation materials, construction management / project management, probability and statistics.

They improved Geotech section a little bit with better graphics, and easy follow equations relating to the retaining wall calculations.

New reference manual has tons of problems with it already from wrong labelings on diagrams, to not showing proper equations in the math portion of the manual.

well, I just hope I do not have to remember a lot of this equations that are either removed from the manual, or are not showing properly in the PDF format.

Scary times we live in people.

I did the same thing - did them in order. And when 15 minutes was called, I had to guess on many that I might of knew. Didn't help that my calculator froze on one of the integration ones :/ The afternoon portion had some strange questions too. You'll pass next time!
To : Kimberlyann9,

First of all, Thank You for the kind words.

I am sorry to ask you this question, but did you pass?

if you did, then Congrats!!!

Haven't checked. Doing a huge timber design project and really can't be distracted until Wedneday :p

Thanks for the prompt reply.

To tell you the truth, I did so much post-exam prayers, that I feel that I need to put the extra hard work into the studies, and then do the calculations of : exam + prayers = 'Pass' next time.

Also, I am currently looking for a job badly, and you mentioned the "huge timber design project", so my next question is that, is that project for the job, or your class project?

If it is a job project, then do you know if the company you are working for will be looking for somebody at the entry level civil engineer / entry level structural engineer?

Granted I am not an E.I.T in any state.

It is for school, I don't graduate until May.

I'm sure you'll pass next time. It will be a shorter exam, and results will come in much faster.

again, Thank You for your response.

What kind of class is this?

I took a course in undergraduate studies called Design of Wood structures. Is this similar to that?

OR,

Is this a senior design project / capstone project course to demonstrate the skills you acquired from your university education ?

What reference material are you using for timber design project ?

Yes it is the design of wood structures. We learned about different types of wood (sawn, SCL, glulam) and there are two design projects in the class. My school requires four design classes and senior design. I use the NDS code books for the design project.

Cool, I took the wood design course around this time of year, but it was last year in 2012. Wood Design course was one of my electives.

In design courses, I took, and had no choice but to take it, Design of Concrete Structures, Design of Steel Structures, while Design of Wood Structures was an elective.

We had to take 3 elective courses, and one of them I already mentioned, and other two were : Advanced Soil Mechanics, and Numerical Methods (took this course as a math course in Mathematics Department, and the reason for that is because when the university was crafting their Civil Engineering curriculum, this course was one of the math courses used to fullfill the mathematics requirements, which I thought at the time kind of unusual. But when ABET came around to check the curriculum, they told Civil Department that they need to have one more core science course beyond Chemistry 1, Chemistry 2, Physics 1 (Calculus Based) , and Physics 2 (Calculus based). So, in response, Civil Department put the Biology as one of the science requirement, while making the Numerical Methods an elective, so that department in creating this curriculum would not go over the amount of credit hours required for student to graduate with B.S. in Civil Engineering.

As far as the Wood design course was concerned, we also used the NDS code. I purchsed the 2005 edition of the NDS code printed hard package. What edition / version are you guys using ? are you guys using the soft version, or hard version?

Professor was teaching the wood design course for the first time, so we were learning the course as professor was creating his teaching plans, and we all just went along with professor. He did a wonderful job of teaching a lot of unique things about the wood, and its property.

Design was also unique in that it has a lot of emperical equations, and you just have to open up that spreadsheet and do all of your calculations on that to make one's life easier.

The only thing I did not like about the professor is that his voice was monotonic, and I almost all of the time dozed off portion his class. Other people took the different approach by taking the caffeine, and try to stay awake.

Anyways, you brought back memories.

Thanks.

FE Exam specific : Civil

State : GA

Amount of Times Taken FE Exam : First Try

Morning : 58 correct

Afternoon : 27 correct

Score Computation : 58 + ((2)*(27)) = 112 / 240 = 46.666%

NO wonder I failed.

Conclusion : All of the concepts were covered by our professors, its just that I blanked out, and as someone in the previous post pointed out that by trying to solve all the problems in the order they came in can hurt you if you get stuck. That's what happend here with me. I just have to know all of my concepts well. I am terrified of the Fluid Mechanics, and Probablility and Statistics. Civil has tons of questions that relates to Fluid Mechanics.

Anyways, I just have to work hard, and with this new CBT reference material, which has kind of taken out a lot of the materials from following sections of the Civil Engineering: geotech, structural analysis, concrete structures design, and god knows what other stuff they have taken out from the old reference manual.

Also NCEES also added a lot of the new materials in : transportation materials, construction management / project management, probability and statistics.

They improved Geotech section a little bit with better graphics, and easy follow equations relating to the retaining wall calculations.

New reference manual has tons of problems with it already from wrong labelings on diagrams, to not showing proper equations in the math portion of the manual.

well, I just hope I do not have to remember a lot of this equations that are either removed from the manual, or are not showing properly in the PDF format.

Scary times we live in people.

I did the same thing - did them in order. And when 15 minutes was called, I had to guess on many that I might of knew. Didn't help that my calculator froze on one of the integration ones :/ The afternoon portion had some strange questions too. You'll pass next time!

First of all, Thank You for the kind words.

I am sorry to ask you this question, but did you pass?

if you did, then Congrats!!!

Haven't checked. Doing a huge timber design project and really can't be distracted until Wedneday :p

Thanks for the prompt reply.

To tell you the truth, I did so much post-exam prayers, that I feel that I need to put the extra hard work into the studies, and then do the calculations of : exam + prayers = 'Pass' next time.

Also, I am currently looking for a job badly, and you mentioned the "huge timber design project", so my next question is that, is that project for the job, or your class project?

If it is a job project, then do you know if the company you are working for will be looking for somebody at the entry level civil engineer / entry level structural engineer?

Granted I am not an E.I.T in any state.

It is for school, I don't graduate until May.

I'm sure you'll pass next time. It will be a shorter exam, and results will come in much faster.

again, Thank You for your response.

What kind of class is this?

I took a course in undergraduate studies called Design of Wood structures. Is this similar to that?

OR,

Is this a senior design project / capstone project course to demonstrate the skills you acquired from your university education ?

What reference material are you using for timber design project ?

Yes it is the design of wood structures. We learned about different types of wood (sawn, SCL, glulam) and there are two design projects in the class. My school requires four design classes and senior design. I use the NDS code books for the design project.

Cool, I took the wood design course around this time of year, but it was last year in 2012. Wood Design course was one of my electives.

In design courses, I took, and had no choice but to take it, Design of Concrete Structures, Design of Steel Structures, while Design of Wood Structures was an elective.

We had to take 3 elective courses, and one of them I already mentioned, and other two were : Advanced Soil Mechanics, and Numerical Methods (took this course as a math course in Mathematics Department, and the reason for that is because when the university was crafting their Civil Engineering curriculum, this course was one of the math courses used to fullfill the mathematics requirements, which I thought at the time kind of unusual. But when ABET came around to check the curriculum, they told Civil Department that they need to have one more core science course beyond Chemistry 1, Chemistry 2, Physics 1 (Calculus Based) , and Physics 2 (Calculus based). So, in response, Civil Department put the Biology as one of the science requirement, while making the Numerical Methods an elective, so that department in creating this curriculum would not go over the amount of credit hours required for student to graduate with B.S. in Civil Engineering.

As far as the Wood design course was concerned, we also used the NDS code. I purchsed the 2005 edition of the NDS code printed hard package. What edition / version are you guys using ? are you guys using the soft version, or hard version?

Professor was teaching the wood design course for the first time, so we were learning the course as professor was creating his teaching plans, and we all just went along with professor. He did a wonderful job of teaching a lot of unique things about the wood, and its property.

Design was also unique in that it has a lot of emperical equations, and you just have to open up that spreadsheet and do all of your calculations on that to make one's life easier.

The only thing I did not like about the professor is that his voice was monotonic, and I almost all of the time dozed off portion his class. Other people took the different approach by taking the caffeine, and try to stay awake.

Anyways, you brought back memories.

Thanks.

They just updated it so I'm using the 2012 soft version. I like timber design a lot better than steel design. Haven't taken concrete design yet.

Emailed the PA licensing board, here's what I recieved:

[SIZE=medium]'Dear Mr. ____,[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Thank you for your email inquiry.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Please note that the Board does not administer the exam; therefore we do not release the results. Result letters will be sent from PCS, and NCEES then releases the scores on their website. Applicants can log in to their NCEES account and view their scores at that time. The Board is guessing that the results should be out by mid-January but we do not have an exact timeframe for the process to be completed.'[/SIZE]

Just checked and I passed! Am I considered an EI now?
Here in the state of Georgia, you have to fill out application after you 'pass' the F.E. Exam. The processing fee is approx. $20.

Other states will be changing their ways of doing things because NCEES has changed the way they administer the exam.

So under the old rules many states required, including Georgia, required that candidate be registered with the state before register to sit for the exam.

So, if you registered with your state prior to sitting to take your exam, and you already paid your application processing fee. Then state should send you your E.I.T certificate.

Unless there is a separate fee for the certificate that state charges, then you might have to pay for that.

If you are still a undergraduate student, which I suspect you still are from our conversation, then you will have then finish your degree, and graduate. Then send your complete transcript from all of the colleges you attended to complete your degree. If you completed your entire undergraduate degree from one college, then you only send transcript from that one college.

So in conclusion, you are more than half way there to becoming an E.I.T.

CONGRATULATIONS!!! on passing F.E. Exam.

For those that took the FE in PA, I was informed by PCS (via email) that the FE results are expected to be out by the end of next week 12/20

NJ Here...

PASSED! Got the email this pm. 2nd time taking the exam. Other Disciplines. Failed April '13

Graduated 10+ years ago.

I registered today, just to let the guys know that have failed, that YOU CAN DO IT! I majored in Comp E, never took a Fluids Course, never took a Thermo Course, never took a Statics or Dynamics course, never took a Materials course.

I did use EITEXPERTS the first time...

I did study for 3 hours a day 6 days a week for 5 months the first time

I did NOT use EITEXPERTS the 2nd time

I did study for 2 hours a day, 5 days a week for 3 months the 2nd time

My first exam I got 126/240 = 52.5%

I studied the easy stuff early, the first time, and by the time time the exam came around, I forgot a lot of the early stuff i looked at (Economics and Probability). YOU HAVE TO ACE THOSE SECTIONS along with MATH, ETHICS, and CHEMISTRY. That is the low hanging fruit.

2nd time studying, i didnt use EITEXPERTS and just did problems. More and more problems. Problems every day. I did not even attempt any Statics/Dynamcs/Mechanics problem. I spent enough time to read the question to know I couldnt do it and kept it moving.

Moral of the story, don't be discouraged. Put in the work, just do the problems. Do them at Lunch at work, do them after work, do them before work. Just do the problems.

Good luck to the future test takers out there. I got the PE up next!

I have been out of school for 5 years and took the FE Exam this past October, I also took a review course from the School of PE. It was extremely helpful and I passed!! I highly recommend this review course it is definitely worth the investment. Wish me luck on the PE this coming April!!

I took the fundamentals of surveying in PA this October, I just checked my pcshq account and it updated to say no pending exams and a pass under the FS. However, still nothing on the state licence website or the NCEES account; I was just wondering if anyone else saw an update on their pcshq account.

I took the fundamentals of surveying in PA this October, I just checked my pcshq account and it updated to say no pending exams and a pass under the FS. However, still nothing on the state licence website or the NCEES account; I was just wondering if anyone else saw an update on their pcshq account.
Still pending for the FE in PA via pcshq website for me

Still pending for the FE in PA via pcshq website for me
Odd...a guy here at work took the FE in Oct in PA and has no pending anymore. I'm still awaiting PE results.

MD results are posted.

First time taker after being out of school for 11 years.

PASS! Next up... PE... with the PCS wait in the spring.

Back