Countdown to Football Season!

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And Alabama and VA Tech...
When he posted that about Illinois and Missouri, I thought to myself "I can think of roughly three games I'm more interested in than that one".

Maybe it's just these two (Ala/VATech, GA/OKState)

I'm looking forward to ALL the games. Here in Michigan, you wouldn't even know there are games this weekend. All the college sports coverage is about Rodriguez. "Here he is denying...here he is crying..."

Woooooooooooooooo Hoooooooooooooooooooo!

I figured we'd be able to hang with Illinois... but, a dismantling? No way.

Zook better figure something out, or they won't be bowling again this year, they really struggled today.

Glad to see our guys play OK. Offensive line looked a little weak and Defensive line didn't get pressure all day... That was supposed to be our strength this year, and on both sides, I'd say those boys are going to get a good ass chewin and film time to see how they didn't quite play up to snuff.

The BXII is looking pretty good so far.

Maybe this belongs in the Random Thoughts thread, but I am sitting here watching the VT vs. Alabaman game in High Definition on my TV and it is AWESOME!

Rewind a few steps. I have owned this TV for a long long time. 5 years at least now. It was sold as an "Enhanced" definition TV, but all it needed to become a true high definition TV was a hack into the software and make a few setting adjustments. I am way to cheap to pay for high definition programming and since it was never sold as a high definition television it doesn't have an HD tuner. Long story short, this television has never been hooked up to a high definition source, until now. I just signed up for Dish network, and I'm still to cheap to sign up for high definition programming, but Dish gives you the ability to hook up an over the air antenna to their HD DVR. Bingo! High definition for my old old CRT television for FREE! :woot:

We don't have quite that nice of a setup for our TV. Went out with some friends to a local sportsbar, where they had probably 50 x 42" Plasma TV's all over the room. Couldn't turn your head 2deg without seeing the game.

PS - Fight Tigers Fight for 'Ol Mizzou!

Edit - Wonder how long Bradford will be out...

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, that ultimately shot Big Game Bob's chance at the NC game... I guess there's still a chance, but I think the Horns will put it to them again this year, and potentially OSU which is looking pretty strong.

so what happened, I turned to the GT / Clemson game and its 21-0 Tech early, so I start doing stuff around the house and then I see Tech had to hang on to win? Did Clemson kick on the afterburners in the 2nd half or did Tech have some turnovers?

so what happened, I turned to the GT / Clemson game and its 21-0 Tech early, so I start doing stuff around the house and then I see Tech had to hang on to win? Did Clemson kick on the afterburners in the 2nd half or did Tech have some turnovers?
In typical Tech fashion, we can never make anything easy. It would have been nice to route the Tigers. I could have left the game early, traffic leaving campus wouldn't have been bad, I would have gotten home before 1am and I wouldn't be hoarse this morning.

On the bright side, under Gailey I have no doubt we would have lost this game.

If it wasn't for a bullshit holding call at the end of the game we would have won. Even the ESPN guys agreed it was bullshit. Those refs could have f*@(ed up a wet dream.

On the bright side I thought Clemson showed some heart in that game. Clemson under Tommy Bowden could/would not have made that come back. They adjusted well in the second half. I'm pretty happy with the performance considering we were playing the #15 ranked team in the country, we have a new coach and a red shirt freshman as a QB.

I agree the call was BS, but if we didn't get flat out-coached in the first quarter and give up two easy special team touchdowns, then the bad call would have been irrelavent.

I do agree it was nice to see positive adjustments at halftime for a change.

RW, if you guys could do us a favor and beat FSU this year, I would appreciate it.

I see you are familiar with ACC officiating crews then. Don't worry, it won't be the last terrible call they make (nor was it the first).

They made a similar bullshit holding call on Tech about 3 plays after, obviously to "reciprocate". Only difference was the holding call on Tech was on a 2 yard gain, not a 45 yard gain.

And they did the same shit last year when we played Tech. Bullshit holding calls at the end of the game. I'd love to give the officiating crew good swift kicks in the nuts.

Last edited by a moderator:
They made a similar bullshit holding call on Tech about 3 plays after, obviously to "reciprocate". Only difference was the holding call on Tech was on a 2 yard gain, not a 45 yard gain.
Tech's been on the wrong side of plenty of those game changing bad calls. I empathize with Clemson, it sucks to have a game snatched away by the officials, but like chaos mentioned, had Clemson not given up several big plays on special teams early in the game the bad late call would be irrelevant.

There were bad calls on Tech last night too. The late hit out of bounds early in the game was total horse shit. That helped extend a Clemson drive although I can't remember if it resulted in Clemson scoring points. I'll need to go back and see the replay (God bless DVR's).

Time to see if my lowly Buffaloes can pick themselves up and beat Toledo tonight.

Time to see if my lowly Buffaloes can pick themselves up and beat Toledo tonight.
Sorry FL... they are just flat out horrible. Toledo is making it look too easy. Dang. I was hoping they were going to be better and that the CSU game was a fluke.

Wow.

Sorry FL... they are just flat out horrible. Toledo is making it look too easy. Dang. I was hoping they were going to be better and that the CSU game was a fluke.
Wow.

Is "Ten Wins, No Excuses." done after this year? Probably feeling that seat get pretty warm.

GO BRONCOS!!! Quality team if I ever saw one. Nothing beats a 80+ yard tipped pass/run with 0:30 on the clock to bail themselves out of a late defensive mistake.

Back